March 20, 200917 yr He may be #1 on the list, but he ain't going to leave the 'Ville.... I agree. He said there was a 2-man list: RP #1 & BD #2
March 20, 200917 yr I agree. He said there was a 2-man list: RP #1 & BD #2 So they want to trade a guy who went to the NIT this year for a guy who's done it two years in a row?
March 20, 200917 yr I'm sure Pitino didn't necessarily expect some glorious homecoming. And as far as his wife goes, yes, she should expect criticism. But there's a difference between criticism and outright hate-filled nastiness. Wildcat fans dropped several rungs on the class ladder with that display. I don't buy the tongue-in-cheek stuff one iota; Wildcat fans meant that stuff. Let's just say there was no mistaking any of that for being tongue-in-cheek. It was pure, unadulterated nastiness that they would make light of him losing his brother-in-law and best friend on 9/11. I see no circumstance where Pitino is forgiving over this one. Jim, I don't doubt it happened, I just can't recall it. Can you remember the specifics of that? I remember the Joanne stuff and thought it went well over the line but not the stuff about Pitino's best-friend/brother-in-law. Can you or someone who remembers the specifics remind me? Thanks.
March 20, 200917 yr Actually, what he's said is that it was a mistake to leave UK for the reason he left-money. He hasn't said it was a mistake to leave UK EVER, but at the time he did, for the reason he did. I still remember one of his quotes. "I left camelot for camelot, but when I got there it wasn't camelot." He also joked on the same day about the money saying if he wanted more he would "take some of C.M.'s" the former AD.
March 20, 200917 yr Everyone answer this: If it were to happen and Pitino came back to Kentucky, how would you feel about it? If this were to happen I would love it!!!:thumb:
March 20, 200917 yr He will be back. Not for $, but for the challenge. Hope Brooks can hold on, we would have the best b-ball and f-ball coaches in the country. :ylsuper:
March 20, 200917 yr I'm sure Pitino didn't necessarily expect some glorious homecoming. And as far as his wife goes, yes, she should expect criticism. But there's a difference between criticism and outright hate-filled nastiness. Wildcat fans dropped several rungs on the class ladder with that display. I don't buy the tongue-in-cheek stuff one iota; Wildcat fans meant that stuff. Let's just say there was no mistaking any of that for being tongue-in-cheek. It was pure, unadulterated nastiness that they would make light of him losing his brother-in-law and best friend on 9/11. I see no circumstance where Pitino is forgiving over this one. His wife made some comment along the lines of she didn't like it in Lexington. The only thing I remember is a sign that said, "Joanne we didn't like you either". Seems like a legitimate response...that I know for a fact was tongue-in-cheek. There may be other stuff but I only really paid any attention to that one because my friend is the one in the SI issue holding the sign. I don't remember anything directed towards Minardi. But I could definitely be wrong. Like I said I don't pay that much attention to it. But, this is all secondary and a nice security pillow that U of L fans like to lay their head on. IF Pitino was ever offered the job (never going to happen) he would turn it down for other reasons and this wouldn't have anything to do with it.
March 20, 200917 yr Pitino seems really bothered about all of this. :idunno: :idunno: After the game, he was philosophical. If the booing and the signs hurt, he didn't let on. "My son came in like a little kid, laughing hysterically, and said, 'Dad, I wish Mom was here. They had a sign saying, "We never liked you either, Joanne."' "I wish I could have had that sign to bring back to her. I think that's the way you have to take it all, in good-natured jest. Some of the comments tonight, some people may deem cruel. We laughed and thought they were funny and hysterical. That's what entertainment and college basketball are all about. You have to be able to laugh. You have to have some fun."
March 20, 200917 yr His wife made some comment along the lines of she didn't like it in Lexington. The only thing I remember is a sign that said, "Joanne we didn't like you either". Seems like a legitimate response...that I know for a fact was tongue-in-cheek. There may be other stuff but I only really paid any attention to that one because my friend is the one in the SI issue holding the sign. I don't remember anything directed towards Minardi. But I could definitely be wrong. Like I said I don't pay that much attention to it. But, this is all secondary and a nice security pillow that U of L fans like to lay their head on. IF Pitino was ever offered the job (never going to happen) he would turn it down for other reasons and this wouldn't have anything to do with it. How is this a security pillow?
March 20, 200917 yr How is this a security pillow?Because it prevents U of L fans from getting antsy when word comes around that Big Brother is calling.
March 20, 200917 yr Because it prevents U of L fans from getting antsy when word comes around that Big Brother is calling. Big brothers prepaid cell phone is out of minutes, dial away:walk:
March 21, 200917 yr Big brothers prepaid cell phone is out of minutes, dial away:walk: :laugh::lol: I don't care which side you are on, that was funny. Absolutely funny. :lol::thumb:
March 21, 200917 yr I really see no way that Rick goes back, he's in the Big East, has a top 5 program, and is in Kentucky, where hs horses can run for true glory...
March 21, 200917 yr Because it prevents U of L fans from getting antsy when word comes around that Big Brother is calling. The correct feeling isn't antsy it is annoyed:rolleyes:. This is old, I mean really, old.
March 21, 200917 yr The correct feeling isn't antsy it is annoyed:rolleyes:. This is old, I mean really, old.I agree.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.