March 21, 200917 yr Well lets see he left his dream job with the Knick, he left his second dream job at UK, and he left his third dream job with the Celtics. U of L fans seem to have forgotten Rick Pitino's past. He doesn't stay anywhere that long. I'm not sure how long he has been at Louisville but the sand could be running out of the hour glass. I doubt that is reasonable enough because you guys think there is no place like Louisville don't be shock if Pitino moves on at some point. This is Pitino's 8th year at UofL, I believe that is how long he was at UK. Eight years isn't a short stint in modern terms. If he begins next season he will have spent his longest coaching tenure as a Cardinal. I'm curious as to what bothers you more. That Louisville fans think there is no place like Louisville, or that your begining to realize that Pitino's stay here is actually proving it?
March 21, 200917 yr This is Pitino's 8th year at UofL, I believe that is how long he was at UK. Eight years isn't a short stint in modern terms. If he begins next season he will have spent his longest coaching tenure as a Cardinal. I'm curious as to what bothers you more. That Louisville fans think there is no place like Louisville, or that your begining to realize that Pitino's stay here is actually proving it? The man likes the state. It was one of the primary reasons he gave as to why he accepted the Louisville job. As I said earlier in the thread, he also had some things happen in his life that made him realize it was time to stop jumping from job to job. Does Louisville have anything to do with him sticking around? Of course. If he hated the job, he'd probably just have retired at some point. But I believe the #1 reason he will end up in Louisville longer than anywhere else is not because "there's no place like Louisville".
March 22, 200917 yr He won't be back. Period. Tom Jurich will not give permission for UK to speak with him, if he does he's a fool, and I don't think he's a fool. He stays at Louisville until he's 60 -62 and he retires and the position he leaves open he is grooming his replacement as we speak, his son.
March 22, 200917 yr Now that's funny, coming from a UK fan.:laugh: Who said I was a UK fan? Once again you are a fool if you think so how or another Louisville is immune to Pitino leaving, not necessarily to UK but somewhere.
March 22, 200917 yr I'm curious as to what bothers you more. That Louisville fans think there is no place like Louisville, or that your begining to realize that Pitino's stay here is actually proving it? Neither bothers me I hope Rick Pitino stays. You asked for reasons why he would leave and I gave them to you.
March 22, 200917 yr This is Pitino's 8th year at UofL, I believe that is how long he was at UK. Eight years isn't a short stint in modern terms. If he begins next season he will have spent his longest coaching tenure as a Cardinal. I'm curious as to what bothers you more. That Louisville fans think there is no place like Louisville, or that your begining to realize that Pitino's stay here is actually proving it? Having lived in both...Louisville is exponentially a better place to live and a better city overall. (bet y'all didn't see that one coming)
March 22, 200917 yr Who said I was a UK fan? Once again you are a fool if you think so how or another Louisville is immune to Pitino leaving, not necessarily to UK but somewhere. This thread is :deadhorse: Edited March 22, 200917 yr by LCPATS
March 22, 200917 yr The man likes the state. It was one of the primary reasons he gave as to why he accepted the Louisville job. As I said earlier in the thread, he also had some things happen in his life that made him realize it was time to stop jumping from job to job. Does Louisville have anything to do with him sticking around? Of course. If he hated the job, he'd probably just have retired at some point. But I believe the #1 reason he will end up in Louisville longer than anywhere else is not because "there's no place like Louisville". :thumb: I do think if he wins the title this year, he retires though.
March 22, 200917 yr That can't be. Jim Schue said Ricky P was really hurt. But haven't the UK fans already condemned him as a double-talker? "I'm not leaving," he said? Then left for Boston days later? And all journalist are always right and justified. If you don't believe me just ask him. I dare you show me where I said that.
March 22, 200917 yr Didn't Pitino have two or three restaurant ventures going when he was there? You're missing the A No. 1 reason they hated Lex: Not enough decent restaurants. He is Italian, after all.
March 22, 200917 yr Didn't Pitino have two or three restaurant ventures going when he was there? You're missing the A No. 1 reason they hated Lex: Not enough decent restaurants. He is Italian, after all. Fazolis and Joe B's wasn't good enough?
March 22, 200917 yr Didn't Pitino have two or three restaurant ventures going when he was there? You're missing the A No. 1 reason they hated Lex: Not enough decent restaurants. He is Italian, after all. It's not even close.
March 22, 200917 yr However, if Louisville blew it against Siena today, I would perhaps have suggested you guys take him back, no strings attached.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.