Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand all the complaining. You have to remember, this is a large arena, not a high school gym. There are costs involved and they have to maximize their attenance figures. If they allowed internet broadcasts, a large percentage of the crowd would not bother to come -- especially to the early round games. BOK is no different than any other large sports venue that enforces a media blackout for financial reasons.

However, once you realize that the only true radio that might broadcast it is KR Sports and no one ever has a clue a)if they will be and b)what station are they going to be on on a given night it doesn't hold water. They will not lose money.

Based on a comment on Ernst's blog, they were planning on doing the entire 9th region tourney.

This is dumb. Even though I'll be attending every game that I am able to I enjoy coming home and reading all the different coverage the games receive. I like listening to Mustang call an exciting play or reading comments coaches make to Ernst before the game on his blog. If they don't even let Ryan in with his laptop then I don't even know what to say about it. It's his job, it's the newspaper, how are you not going to let the Enquirer report on the games?

I really don't understand all the complaining. You have to remember, this is a large arena, not a high school gym. There are costs involved and they have to maximize their attenance figures. If they allowed internet broadcasts, a large percentage of the crowd would not bother to come -- especially to the early round games. BOK is no different than any other large sports venue that enforces a media blackout for financial reasons.

I disagree totally, real sports fans don't listen to a internet broadcast if they can attend in person. If they don't attend they are not likely to bother listening.

So unless they drop the fee, you guys won't be covering the 9th semi's and finals on tv?

The "fee" has magically disappeared and now it's a simple no so far. I have to guess this applies to us because they won't return any of our phone calls...

I'm guessing WFTM out of Maysville will be doing the entire 10th tourney now since they are outside the radius? If you can't get the station on your radio they also stream live online, so if you're a fan from the 10th you shouldn't be complaining because you'll still get to hear it. Now if they're only aloud to do Mason and St.Pat games then nevermind.

The "fee" has magically disappeared and now it's a simple no so far. I have to guess this applies to us because they won't return any of our phone calls...

So what do you see the outcome being? It'd be a shame if you guys don't get to broadcast the games. It's become a tradition over the past few years to have the semi's replayed and finals broadcast live.

So what do you see the outcome being? It'd be a shame if you guys don't get to broadcast the games. It's become a tradition over the past few years to have the semi's replayed and finals broadcast live.

If I had to guess we will also be shut out...