Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)

They better worry about beating CovCath because if they don't their season will be over the first game of the districts. Plus, even they do beat CovCath they would have to beat Beechwood to get out of the districts which would be very difficult to do.

Holmes :thumb:is the clear cut favorite in the 9th...period.

:thumb:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They better worry about beating CovCath because if they don't their season will be over the first game of the districts. Plus, even they do beat CovCath they would have to beat Beechwood to get out of the districts which would be very difficult to do.

Holmes is the clear cut favorite in the 9th...period.

IMO, HC will not lose to Beechwood twice on their home floor.

IMO, HC will not lose to Beechwood twice on their home floor.

As Tiger said, I'd focus on Covcath first before I start thinking about a rematch with Beechwood.

Everything that could possibly go wrong for CCH this year has (Thelen out, Shover out much of the year, Pauly out much of the year), so something is bound to go in the Colonels favor at some point and this just might be the game.

As Tiger said, I'd focus on Covcath first before I start thinking about a rematch with Beechwood.

Everything that could possibly go wrong for CCH this year has (Thelen out, Shover out much of the year, Pauly out much of the year), so something is bound to go in the Colonels favor at some point and this just might be the game.

I'm with you not overlooking CCH, but I was just saying if HC did beat CCH I don't think Beechwood would be able to beat HC twice on their home floor in the same year.

I'm with you not overlooking CCH, but I was just saying if HC did beat CCH I don't think Beechwood would be able to beat HC twice on their home floor in the same year.

Stranger things have happened...I said the same thing and watched Covcath do it Holmes in 06/07. :thumb:

I never said they couldn't go far in the region IF they make it out of districts..I was referring to them most likely not getting past Beechwood in the first round if they win this game. :p

Don't let one close game with Scott fool you about Holmes. They are still the team to beat. Only one 9th region school had played within 10 points of them and that was Conner who lost by 7. You're right though...they aren't the same team as last year...they're better. Let's wait til next Tues after Holmes has played both Holmes and Boone to declare the 9th a toss up. :thumb:

Districts are played at Holy Cross this year.

They may have more athletecism than last year, but have you considered the amount of technicals Holmes has gotten this year in the absence of last year's leader Henderson?

1. Pittman was on the bench much of the game in foul trouble.

2. Egan didn't shut Pittman down by himself. A lot of that had to do with Egan getting help from one and two other teammates down low.

3. Holmes didn't need Pittman against HC because Riley and Rico took over.

I disagree. Isler may not be as athletic but he's much more physical, stronger, and aggressive around the rim.

I would say Isler is a pretty athletic kid. Basketball maybe not be his best sport, but to play three sports the way he does, you have an overall athletic kid. And he is very physical. You say that Egan will go up against him? What are his strengths? I have never seen him play.

CovCath needs to work it inside to Wellbrock and Isler to get this done.

I never said they couldn't go far in the region IF they make it out of districts..I was referring to them most likely not getting past Beechwood in the first round if they win this game. :p

Don't let one close game with Scott fool you about Holmes. They are still the team to beat. Only one 9th region school had played within 10 points of them and that was Conner who lost by 7. You're right though...they aren't the same team as last year...they're better. Let's wait til next Tues after Holmes has played both Holmes and Boone to declare the 9th a toss up. :thumb:

Well sure Holmes is still the team to beat, but you act like the Scott game was just a fluke. The Scott game I think has opened people's minds because now everyone knows that Holmes can be beat. You are always acting like Holmes is a team that can't be beat. They are a very good team, but also a beatable team.

I'll go ahead and declare that Holmes vs. Holmes is indeed a toss up.

I'll go ahead and declare that Holmes vs. Holmes is indeed a toss up.

Are you crazy, there is no way that Holmes can beat Holmes. Pitman will dunk at will over Pitman, and Holmes is too long and athletic to for Holmes to keep it close. And by the way, who has Holmes played all year to make you think that Holmes can be as good as Holmes, and out of state competition does not count.

Are you crazy, there is no way that Holmes can beat Holmes. Pitman will dunk at will over Pitman, and Holmes is too long and athletic to for Holmes to keep it close. And by the way, who has Holmes played all year to make you think that Holmes can be as good as Holmes, and out of state competition does not count.

:laugh:

Thats funny stuff right there.

God, when was the last time HC beat CCH?? This used to be a rivalry in the mid-90's.

I'd say if HC is ever going to beat CCH it would have to be this year.