Covington Holy Cross @ Covington Catholic (2/6)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge game for both teams. Loser plays Holmes first round of the Districts at HC. The winner would play Beechwood. Any thoughts?

I see Holy Cross getting the W and avoiding Holmes first round. Better get there early if you want to go!!

I liked HC's chances better if they beat Beechwood. It's going to be tough to go into CovCath for a must win.

I liked HC's chances better if they beat Beechwood. It's going to be tough to go into CovCath for a must win.

That's true, a win tonight would have given the Indians a real confidence booster going into CovCath. It's going to be tough winning at CovCath. This could be the first time since 2000 that HC beats the Colonels.

I'd like HC's chances to beat CCH better if they would play Eric Sullivan & Keith Egan together instead of platooning them. This would give them two legit scoring threats inside, more rebounding and better interior defense. Use Volpenhein to back them up down low. Also Giwa is going to have to be able to create in the 1/2 court offense if they're going to beat CCH. Fortner can give them the defense out top that they'll miss by Volpenhein backing up down low.

Holy Cross should win this game, but it is very hard to go into Cov Cath and play. Holy Cross has not had much success there in the past, but I think Friday night the Indians will win a big game on the road.

I'd like HC's chances to beat CCH better if they would play Eric Sullivan & Keith Egan together instead of platooning them. This would give them two legit scoring threats inside, more rebounding and better interior defense. Use Volpenhein to back them up down low. Also Giwa is going to have to be able to create in the 1/2 court offense if they're going to beat CCH. Fortner can give them the defense out top that they'll miss by Volpenhein backing up down low.

So if I'm following this correctly... you want a starting lineup out of the Indians of Giwa, Lea/Eastin, Fortner, Sullivan, and Egan???!!:scared:

So if I'm following this correctly... you want a starting lineup out of the Indians of Giwa, Lea/Eastin, Fortner, Sullivan, and Egan???!!:scared:

Not necessarily. You could start Giwa, Eastin, Volpenhein, Sullivan & Egan. If Sullivan or Egan need to go out, move Volpenhein down low and put Fortner in Volpenhein's spot for defense.

It's not so much about who starts as long as those two play together a lot of the 32 minutes.

I think it really depends on which Covcath team shows up. I wouldn't look past them if thought if I'm an HC fan....

Match ups:

Maschinot v Lea

Ives v Giwa

Maile v Volpenhein

Wellbrock v Fortner

Isler v Egan

I like the Indians by 6.

Holy Cross 47

Covcath 41

I'll take CovCath. They know they need this one and I think you'll see them pull it out. From what I have read on here, HC plays a slow paced game. That works to CovCath's advantage.

I agree that CovCath is going to be one of the few teams that is happy that HC is slowing it down this year.

This game is going to be one of the most intriguing of the year in my opinion. I'm not sure what to expect from it.

You realize it's two days away?

I do realize that, but I do not know where he is in his progress because I'm not close enough to the matter to know, and I'm also not a clairvoyant. Kind of why I asked the question to begin with. Considering these things, not sure why the question would seem so odd to you. :idunno:

I look for Maile to have a huge night. I'm not sure if any HC player can guard him straight up. That person will need help.

If CCH can protect the ball out top against Giwa they have a strong shot of winning this one.

My guess is Shover will get a minute or two.