Best Sophmores in KY?

EC12

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnold of Holmes is slowly making his way on the radar among colleges scouts. He played 17u as a 14 yr old over the summer and averaged around 15 ppg.

At 6'6 his ability to play inside or out on the perimeter as a guard is definetly going to help his stock rise over the next 2 years.

Stenzel at GRC

You could also add Rogers, Purvis, and Zollo as well. GRC's soph. class is loaded.

I agree, this class is loaded.Purvis tore his ACL and is out for the year. When he can come back next year and be 100%, whtch for his name, he is very impressive. Zollo broke his leg this summer and is just now getting to 100% and adjusting to Ky style of basketball. Great rebounder, shot blocker and can score when needed..he just wants to win. Stenzel hurt his ankle early in the season and had to sit out a few games. People should be familiar with his name as he has been a starter since the 8th grade. Rogers....so far has been healthy....he is a beast down low, can score and bang with the best. Good rebounder too.

Another name to watch for is Jaylan Daniels, another GRC Sophomore. Very athletic and can jump out of the gym, has had several dunks this year. He has started several times, when other were out hurt, otherwise is one of the first ones off the bench.

The best two I have seen have been T. Knipp and Stenzel at GRC. Have not seen Shanklin/Fant with Warren Central or Stroud with Fairdale. Have seen Barksdale at Tates Creek and not overly impressed with him. Rogers (GRC) and Setty (Mason) I was more impressed with than Zollo.

I agree, this class is loaded.Purvis tore his ACL and is out for the year. When he can come back next year and be 100%, watch for his name, he is very impressive. Zollo broke his leg this summer and is just now getting to 100% and adjusting to Ky style of basketball. Great rebounder, shot blocker and can score when needed..he just wants to win. Stenzel hurt his ankle early in the season and had to sit out a few games. People should be familiar with his name as he has been a starter since the 8th grade. Rogers....so far has been healthy....he is a beast down low, can score and bang with the best. Good rebounder too.

Another name to watch for is Jaylan Daniels, another GRC Sophomore. Very athletic and can jump out of the gym, has had several dunks this year. He has started several times, when other were out hurt, otherwise is one of the first ones off the bench.

The GRC soph class has been plagued by the injury bug this year BIG TIME. With all of them healthy next year, watch out!

Jacody Taylor of Danville deserves a mention.

He has the ability to create a shot from anywhere at anytime and the fact that he is probably the smallest sophomore out of all these mentioned makes his play even more impressive. His game is like an Allen Iverson style of play. I am not sure what he is averaging, but his coach has given him the green light to shoot when he wants because he makes his shots and I know he has scored 20+ multiple times this season. He is a very exciting player to watch.