Best Sophmores in KY?

EC12

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think he's not a top 10 sophomore in NKY then you have no clue what you're talking about and have never seen him play.

Not true....have seen him multiple times.

Here is the list of players in no particular order in N Ky better than him at this time and I am leaving off kids just to keep the post short. He is in a good situation at Lloyd where he will get a lot of playing time and if he works hard should improve but you can't list him in the top soph's in the state or even NKy at this time.

Thelen CovCath

Hodges Conner

Robinson Conner

Arnold Holmes

Smith Scott

Trammel Dixie

Stauffer Ryle

Allen Holy Cross

Giesler NewCath

Montgomery Boone Co

Brown Boone Co

Maschinot CovCAth

Connelly CovCath

No I'm talking about Charles Johnson who had an offer to WKU but decided to go to EKU for football.

Charles Johnson was not good enough to play D1 basketball. Why do you think he left Holmes? He knew he'd shine in every sport at a smaller school like Lloyd.

Not true....have seen him multiple times.

Here is the list of players in no particular order in N Ky better than him at this time and I am leaving off kids just to keep the post short. He is in a good situation at Lloyd where he will get a lot of playing time and if he works hard should improve but you can't list him in the top soph's in the state or even NKy at this time.

Thelen CovCath

Hodges Conner

Robinson Conner

Arnold Holmes

Smith Scott

Trammel Dixie

Stauffer Ryle

Allen Holy Cross

Giesler NewCath

Montgomery Boone Co

Brown Boone Co

Maschinot CovCAth

Connelly CovCath

I agree. Pretty solid list BTW.

If we're talking about best all around soph in NKY though, Arnold of Holmes takes that honor. At 6'6 he's able to play down low or outside as a guard. Solid handling the ball as well. He'll be the biggest prospect out of NKY his senior year. He already has D1 interest from Indiana, Akron, Middle Tennessee, Ohio U., and several other small D1 schools.

He'll also get recognized more for the simple fact that he has 3 other D1 prospects on the same team as him which will get him more chances to be seen by college coaches.

They're both very good players.

I agree.Will be interesting to come back and look at this thread when they are Seniors and see names that were not even mentioned.

I like Stenzel, Setty, Zollo, Pawsat, Rogers, Gilbert, Daniels , King twins and Purvis in the 10th and Knipp in the 16th. Don't know much about the other regions.

The 10th region is loaded in the class of 2011.

Thelen isn't even the best sophomore in nky, let alone one of the tops in the state. He is solid around the rim but doesn't have the same skills as the other big men being mentioned in this thread.

The thread is for the best sophmores (plural) in the state. Earlier in this thread Eta Rho offered an observation with which I agree: The two best sophomores I've seen in nky were Arnold of Holmes and Thelen of Covcath The list of the best sophmores in the state should include the best 2 from northern ky. Thelan is a rebounding and scoring machine. Look for big things from him in the coming years (banged up elbow notwithstanding).