Best Sophmores in KY?

EC12

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy Knipp is a basketball player. Trey Williams is a athlete. Could Timmy be as good as he is in basketball at another sport? I don't see Timmy stepping on a football field and actually competing well. Trey would be a D-1 wide receiver. Samething with track.(High Jump, Long Jump and 400meter). It's hard to see Trey right now because of the situation there.

Thelen CovCath

Hodges Conner

Robinson Conner

Arnold Holmes

Smith Scott

Trammel Dixie

Stauffer Ryle

Allen Holy Cross

Giesler NewCath

Montgomery Boone Co

Brown Boone Co

Maschinot CovCAth

Connelly CovCath

Give me break! No disrespect intended to any of the above mentioned players. All are nice players. I would take Giesler over Thelen and Arnold any day of the week! I don't think anyone on this list besides Thelen should be mentioned from Covington Catholic. I don't know all the players on the list. I know there is a few very good 10th graders in NKY not on this list I would take over several on here I do know.

Thelen CovCath

Hodges Conner

Robinson Conner

Arnold Holmes

Smith Scott

Trammel Dixie

Stauffer Ryle

Allen Holy Cross

Giesler NewCath

Montgomery Boone Co

Brown Boone Co

Maschinot CovCAth

Connelly CovCath

Give me break! No disrespect intended to any of the above mentioned players. All are nice players. I would take Giesler over Thelen and Arnold any day of the week! I don't think anyone on this list besides Thelen should be mentioned from Covington Catholic. I don't know all the players on the list. I know there is a few very good 10th graders in NKY not on this list I would take over several on here I do know.

Geisler over Arnold? :eek: Not even close.

Arnold is hands down the best soph. in nky. None of the other players on that list would see the floor this year at Holmes. Arnold would start for ANY team in nky and honestly none of those players have near the all around game that Arnold has. He'll be a high D1 recruit his senior year.

Arnold is hands down the best soph. in nky. None of the other players on that list would see the floor this year at Holmes. Arnold would start for ANY team in nky and honestly none of those players have near the all around game that Arnold has. He'll be a high D1 recruit his senior year.

Don't know about that, but I wouldn't take Geisler over Arnold either.

Love the enthusiasm for your team, but a lot of the players listed have had bigger impacts at the varsity level this year than Arnold. He is still a 7th man on a very good team. Sometimes it is easier to be a bit player than a leading man. Before I start annoiting Arnold as the next big thing I will need to see more on a consistent basis. Is it his misfortune to be at Holmes with the talent level there now? I have seen him play at the AAU level, middle school level and high school level. Would I put him in the top 5 in NKy right now? Absolutely...would I state hands down best player? No....but that is my opinion...just like you have yours.:lol:

Thelen CovCath

Hodges Conner

Robinson Conner

Arnold Holmes

Smith Scott

Trammel Dixie

Stauffer Ryle

Allen Holy Cross

Giesler NewCath

Montgomery Boone Co

Brown Boone Co

Maschinot CovCAth

Connelly CovCath

Public forum....please feel free to list away! Who would you add to the list?:idunno:

Thelen CovCath

Hodges Conner

Robinson Conner

Arnold Holmes

Smith Scott

Trammel Dixie

Stauffer Ryle

Allen Holy Cross

Giesler NewCath

Montgomery Boone Co

Brown Boone Co

Maschinot CovCAth

Connelly CovCath

Giesler over Arnold :laugh: Not even close at all. :idunno:

Don't know about that, but I wouldn't take Geisler over Arnold either.

Love the enthusiasm for your team, but a lot of the players listed have had bigger impacts at the varsity level this year than Arnold. He is still a 7th man on a very good team. Sometimes it is easier to be a bit player than a leading man. Before I start annoiting Arnold as the next big thing I will need to see more on a consistent basis. Is it his misfortune to be at Holmes with the talent level there now? I have seen him play at the AAU level, middle school level and high school level. Would I put him in the top 5 in NKy right now? Absolutely...would I state hands down best player? No....but that is my opinion...just like you have yours.:lol:

How many of the other sophomores in nky being listed would even see the floor at Holmes? People forget that Arnold actually had to sit out the end of last season because of an ankle injury but was seeing minutes last year as a freshman as well. Henley VERY RARELY plays freshmen. To see the floor last year when Holmes went 10 deep and was senior dominated says a lot about his abilities.

You say that other players listed have had bigger impacts at the varsity level this year than Arnold has, but honestly do you think if Arnold played for their respective teams, he wouldn't have the same impact, if not more?

How many of the other sophomores in nky being listed would even see the floor at Holmes? People forget that Arnold actually had to sit out the end of last season because of an ankle injury but was seeing minutes last year as a freshman as well. Henley VERY RARELY plays freshmen. To see the floor last year when Holmes went 10 deep and was senior dominated says a lot about his abilities.

You say that other players listed have had bigger impacts at the varsity level this year than Arnold has, but honestly do you think if Arnold played for their respective teams, he wouldn't have the same impact, if not more?

Maybe the same....maybe more but it's an honest question to ask and other people have different opinions. Arnold did not play significant minutes as a freshmen when the games were on the line. He is the 7th man this year on a Holmes team that is outstanding but depth is not a strength. When I look at the impact that some of the other sophs have had in N Ky they have performed just as well if not better than Arnold. They have been difference makers in big games against quality competition. And I do believe that if some of these players were on Holmes roster they would see minutes.

Of Course! You are very lucky to be seeing these boys play for the next 3 years gold! I will try to catch them playing every chance I get! I'll also make sure to hit the concession-:popcorn:-stand before the games! :clap:

I have been a Card supporter for the last 18 years. Would love to see us get a state title....the next 3 years looks promising.

Hey if you come to a home game ...let me know...I will buy you a ALE 8 :thumb: