Best Sophmores in KY?

EC12

Seen him play several times. I'd have to respectfully disagree with you that he's D1 caliber. He'll play at the next level though.

He's still only 15. Give him two more years of hard work and he can play D1. There was a player who came through Lloyd a few years ago who could have went D1 for basketball but chose to play football. And Donnie is easily just as talented as him.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best two I have seen have been T. Knipp and Stenzel at GRC. Have not seen Shanklin/Fant with Warren Central or Stroud with Fairdale. Have seen Barksdale at Tates Creek and not overly impressed with him. Rogers (GRC) and Setty (Mason) I was more impressed with than Zollo.

What game and how many games have you seen Vinny play? Was it just the pre-season scrimmage? He is just now getting to 100% from his broken leg. Also adjusting to a totally differect style of play from Ohio to Ky.

He's still only 15. Give him two more years of hard work and he can play D1. There was a player who came through Lloyd a few years ago who could have went D1 for basketball but chose to play football. And Donnie is easily just as talented as him.

If you are talking about Charles Sheffield he did not have the skills to play D1 ball...

The two best sophomores I've seen in nky were Arnold of Holmes and Thelen of Covcath, with Arnold being the best All around player and most athletic and honestly Cheatum is no where near the level of those two.

Because IMO T. Knipp is not Brilliant.

Here's my two cents...(and that's probably overpriced)!

I think he has potential to be a good player. I have no idea why he tries to dribble the ball so much. He is not a guard. He has the ball taken away when he tires to dribble in the backcourt--and the "spins" are niether aesthetically pleasing nor overly effective.

....BUT.... there is time to refine his game and I am confident he will continue to grow, mature, and develop. In my opinion he can have a very successful future.

Edited by rookie2

Who are the top 25 in the state?[/quote]

Class of 2011 rankings by Jody Demling Wednesday, December 10, 2008 Courier Journal.

The sophomore class statewide has some big-time talent that will keep the Division I colleges sniffing around the Bluegrass State for the next few seasons.

It's one of those classes we have been waiting to come around.

Here are my ratings:

1. Vinny Zollo (photo), Clark County, 6-8: He's already committed to Kentucky and moved to Winchester from Ohio in the off season.
  2. Robbie Stenzel, Clark County, 6-4: I saw Stenzel last winter and was thinking about putting him ahead of Kimbro; he's a lot of fun to watch.
  3. Jordan Shanklin, Warren Central, 5-11: One of two talented teammates; Shanklin is already getting a lot of looks.
  4. George Fant, Warren Central, 6-6: A little more imrpovement and maturity and we could be talking about top 100 nationally with Fant.
  5. Timmy Knipp, Elliott County, 6-7: Extremely athletic for a big guy.

The #1 and #2 ranked players play for GRC. By the time these Sophomores are Seniors......along with the other talented Sophomores on the team should be playing for a state title.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs...-rankings.html

Edited by gold sunrise