Blake Bryan NKY Leading Scorer

Lets go ahead and talk about this kid's accomplishments as a scorer, rebounder, passer and defensive player. Right now he is averaging over 35ppg for Villa Madonna a regional qualifier last season. Is this kid legit and could he start for most NKY teams?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive scoring numbers. Has anyone seen him play this year? Last I checked, his shooting percentage was around 40%. I'm sure he gets to take lots of shots. He's about 5'8" or 9", right? I think he would start for any other NKY team except Holmes and Boone this year, and possibly Ryle since they have a senior point guard. I think he would start for Holmes next year.

Lets go ahead and talk about this kid's accomplishments as a scorer, rebounder, passer and defensive player. Right now he is averaging over 35ppg for Villa Madonna a regional qualifier last season. Is this kid legit and could he start for most NKY teams?

He is a solid player and I am not saying he is not a team player because Villa would be lost without him, but I wanna know what percent of the teams shots does he take. Not only can he shoot but he is fast and can jump out of the gym. Congrats to him leading NKY in scoring also.

I don't think he would have the opportunity to put those numbers up on a good, well balanced team such as Holmes or Boone. Several of those teams' players have the capability to score more than they do, lead their team in scoring on any given night, and several of them shoot for better percentages.

I'm sure he will have the opportunity to play at a small D3 or NAIA college somewhere, like Capel did a few years ago, but his height may work against him. Is he as good as Bibbins (NKU) was in high school? Good luck to the young man.

I've seen this kid like 5 times. He pretty impressive as a scorer. Defensively he plays pretty well. I think he could start on almost every team in the 9th but maybe Holmes. He is a great leaper for a kid only 5'9 or so. When I saw him this year he jumped to start the game and won the tip. I wouldn't say he's better than some of the other small "A" players that have come through NKY lately though.

In my opinion he's not better than Jackson Capel or Corey Pelle so don't expect to see him playing at anything higher than D-3. Congrats to him though on scoring 1000pts!

Out in LA this past summer Blake did a good job for us Vs some very good competition. As The Hulk stated above, all people are taking about are his impressive numbers scoring wise he is putting up at Villa, but there is more to him than that. Plus not too many colleges are looking for 5'8" scorers, im sure he will end up somewhere, but its his other qualities that will get him there.

There is no doubt that he takes most of their shots. Why wouldn't he? I talked to one of their coaches last night, and they said he's not selfish at all. They had to make him take those shots. He would be a great pure point guard IMO if he had a team like Holmes or Boone around him. He threw two beautiful behind the back passes to teammates last night for layups. The only team he might not start on is Holmes, but that's even questionable because from what I hear Henley thinks extremely high of him.

I don't know him personally but he seems to be a good competitor. I have seen him play multiple times. He leaves the floor quick, has range, drives with the ball and gets to the line......all things that will add up to big points. He is an impressive scorer. A couple of observations to go with that include very limited support on his team, opportunity to shoot at any time, tendancy to not involve teammates. I will not take away from what he accomplishes on the floor but would be hesitant to overstate his ability to start on any team in 9th region except Holmes. There are disciplines to team play that Bryan has not conquered yet. Being on a team with other talent would be a huge adjustment (he didn't fare so well in that setting in AAU) and I don't think he steps in front of Gabbard /Popp, Ahearn/McLiesh, Pangallo/Meyer, to name a few. The point is, he is certainly good enough to play but it would be a whole new ballgame in those settings. He is a fine athlete and I wish him well for the next two years as he will lead NKY in scoring.

I don't know him personally but he seems to be a good competitor. I have seen him play multiple times. He leaves the floor quick, has range, drives with the ball and gets to the line......all things that will add up to big points. He is an impressive scorer. A couple of observations to go with that include very limited support on his team, opportunity to shoot at any time, tendancy to not involve teammates. I will not take away from what he accomplishes on the floor but would be hesitant to overstate his ability to start on any team in 9th region except Holmes. There are disciplines to team play that Bryan has not conquered yet. Being on a team with other talent would be a huge adjustment (he didn't fare so well in that setting in AAU) and I don't think he steps in front of Gabbard /Popp, Ahearn/McLiesh, Pangallo/Meyer, to name a few. The point is, he is certainly good enough to play but it would be a whole new ballgame in those settings. He is a fine athlete and I wish him well for the next two years as he will lead NKY in scoring.

And what do you base this statement on. He has played for the top Spiece team #1 Ohio, 11 in the nation. Shinning Stars(on Stars he played against Kentucky Player R Johnston from Holems and company, and the Stars about pulled off the win, Bryan lead the team in scoreing and asst.), Team Kentucky in LA. up against some of the finest team in the Nation, He did fine. Are you saying that if he doesn't put up big number in AAU he not as good? AAU is so much different than school ball. If you think he wants to just put up big scores look at the stats leader for NKY. David Schuh(a Villa player) has scored 170 this year, 5th in NKY and Bryan is leading in asst.

http://preps.cincinnati.com/leaders.aspx?cid=110&b=1&y=2008&ic=1&sp=100

Not one kid from Villa played much V Bryan was the only returner, and some that are starting V this year didn't even start JV. It will take some time for Villa to get more balance. I believe he is doing what is asked of him, if he wasn't he would be sitting.

I din't understand what game everyone else is watching but Bryan is the best guard in the 9th region and one of the best in the state period. He would start for every team in the state much less the 9th region. There isn't another player in the 9th region that would score 35 pts/ game if they were playing for Villa. The kid can flat out shoot and score driving to the basket. If he was 6'1" everyone would talking D1. No doubt he has some bad habits from having to make all the plays, but most of the time he makes them.

Edited by NKU20
spelling