Blake Bryan NKY Leading Scorer

Why do you only look at his score. He is still leading NKY in asst. top ten in d-rebounds, steals and block shots. Not only that he is double and tripled team every game.

Yes, he can dunk, but dunking does not make a good player, dunks are just a good show must of the time. I will take a good drive to the basket lay up over a dunk in a game any day, but that just me.

If you want to PM me wildcatfan I would be glad to answer your frustrated question if you want to know.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have to take into consideration that Bryan is an 18 year old junior and has an age advantage over most starting lineups. His strength is what makes him the kind of player he shows with his versatility of getting to the basket and being able to finish. The only problem I have with him is that he DOES try to do it all himself, and as previously stated in the thread there is a supposed lesser talent around him. Granted Love won POY last year, but there is no sane person who can say that shooting or turning the ball over on 71% of his teams possessions is helpful to the team. THe team is young and very athletic, Schuh and Schroth start also as juniors and could provide for scoring help, but the chance isn't presented because of what I think as a lack of trust. If Villa even wants to contend to make the regional tournament again this year, they will have to start playing more of a team oriented game, where Bryan still gets his 25+ a game because the opposing team will also have to worry about two other scorers and not just Bryan.

THe team is young and very athletic, Schuh and Schroth start also as juniors and could provide for scoring help, but the chance isn't presented because of what I think as a lack of trust.

David Schuh is #6 in NKY for scoring and averaging over 20 shots a game, how is the chance not being presented? Bryan is also leading NKY in assists, there seem to be plenty of scoring opportunities for others beside him on the team.

You also have to take into consideration that Bryan is an 18 year old junior and has an age advantage over most starting lineups. His strength is what makes him the kind of player he shows with his versatility of getting to the basket and being able to finish. The only problem I have with him is that he DOES try to do it all himself, and as previously stated in the thread there is a supposed lesser talent around him. Granted Love won POY last year, but there is no sane person who can say that shooting or turning the ball over on 71% of his teams possessions is helpful to the team. THe team is young and very athletic, Schuh and Schroth start also as juniors and could provide for scoring help, but the chance isn't presented because of what I think as a lack of trust. If Villa even wants to contend to make the regional tournament again this year, they will have to start playing more of a team oriented game, where Bryan still gets his 25+ a game because the opposing team will also have to worry about two other scorers and not just Bryan.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: You can't be serious....

Is that comment asking if Bryan really is an 18 year old junior or is it saying that you don't think it makes a difference that he is

Saying that how could you say an 18 year old has an advantage on most starting lineups, and what difference does that make. Most seniors are 18 and I know he's just a junior but you can't honestly say he has an advantage over most starting lineups.

David Schuh is #6 in NKY for scoring and averaging over 20 shots a game, how is the chance not being presented? Bryan is also leading NKY in assists, there seem to be plenty of scoring opportunities for others beside him on the team.

Bryan is not leading NKy in assists but is still the scoring leader. He is a very talented player who is in the right situation to put up a lot of points. I saw him a lot in AAU this summer and he can get his shot off at almost anytime. that creates the good and the bad part of his game. He was playing with some very talented players this summer but did not seem to adjust his game. Granted, I only saw him with Shining Star team this summer and with that group he still seemed intent upon shooting quite a bit and not interested in getting his teammates involved. I think on a pure talent level he could start for any team in NKy and most teams in the state.

Bryan is not leading NKy in assists but is still the scoring leader. He is a very talented player who is in the right situation to put up a lot of points. I saw him a lot in AAU this summer and he can get his shot off at almost anytime. that creates the good and the bad part of his game. He was playing with some very talented players this summer but did not seem to adjust his game. Granted, I only saw him with Shining Star team this summer and with that group he still seemed intent upon shooting quite a bit and not interested in getting his teammates involved. I think on a pure talent level he could start for any team in NKy and most teams in the state.

Again, Bryan wouldn't start for Holmes THIS YEAR and IMO wouldn't start for any top 10 team in the state. No disrespect, but honestly not many big schools are in need of a 5'8 shooter.

Next year...now that's a different story. He would start for any team in nky NEXT YEAR. This year though, there's no way he plays ahead of Riley, Housely, D. Johnson, or Arnold at Holmes.

This is probably for another thread but I'll ask anyway. Isn't there an age regulation about starting a season if after your 18th birthday? And yes he's a nice player just curious about the age thing.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Again, Bryan wouldn't start for Holmes THIS YEAR and IMO wouldn't start for any top 10 team in the state. No disrespect, but honestly not many big schools are in need of a 5'8 shooter.

Next year...now that's a different story. He would start for any team in nky NEXT YEAR. This year though, there's no way he plays ahead of Riley, Housely, D. Johnson, or Arnold at Holmes.

I will give you Riley and Housely. I think they bring more to the table than Bryan in a team environment but he plays in front on D Johnson and Arnold right now. Arnold has potential but he is not a prime time player at this time.

I will give you Riley and Housely. I think they bring more to the table than Bryan in a team environment but he plays in front on D Johnson and Arnold right now. Arnold has potential but he is not a prime time player at this time.

In HOLMES SYSTEM though, Arnold and D. Johnson fit in better than Bryan would, which is why I said he wouldn't start on this year's team or play in front of any of those players, but would next year since D. Johnson, Riley, and Housley will all three be gone which would leave Arnold starting and Bryan filling the 5th void at PG.

No doubt in my mind though that Bryan would play a lot both this year and next year at Holmes. I just don't think he'd start this year.