Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

d1allstar

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by d1allstar

  1. Jake Nieddereger,and Casey Sorrell will come out of their shells
  2. Considering Romes did not guard Bryan at any point during the game, that was not the factor. Bwood triple teamed Bryan and left Romes and their big guy in the paint no other team did that throughout the year. That was the only team that did something like that and was the only team to have success at "stopping" Bryan. But if any other kid in the state has 15 pts it was considered a great game?
  3. Must have although I was not there, the games I have been to he stood out pretty well for Team KY.
  4. Cody Chambers & Casey Sorrell will be standouts for Simon Kenton no doubt!
  5. Does the top scorer in the state last year not even get mentioned in his own region as far as a top 10 player? That's a shame, after seeing him in aau considering most of you say Bryan only scores so much against his competition is dead wrong. Last weekend at sportsplus it looked as if he was averaging about 20-25 a game and with passes that were phenominal. This year he could average as much as he wants in his conference, but wouldn't have any problem putting 30-35 on any team in the region. I also saw him up at UC and he did an amazing job stopping Justice from Shelby Co., and he's thought to be the best in the state. Without a doubt the kid can score and everyone knows that by now, but looking at his aau game from "better competition" not much has changed.
  6. Villa's schedule this year was actually pretty tough compared to the past and they still finished with the 2nd best record in school history.
  7. Thing that surprised me the most was that there were 3 Boone Co. players on the steals list, thats amazing shows what kind of scrappy defense they play, and thats what gives them the edge over Holmes.
  8. Bryan's a PG, 4th in assists, and everyone knows his scoring, how can a reguard for Smith being the best PG next year be clearified? Kids in the district and region are already talking about next year, how their going to be scared to see his stats!
  9. I could find out, I haven't talked to him about colleges. He usually stays pretty focused on just his season during the season, but I'll try to find out.
  10. These are not undated stats Villa's last up date was Feb 10. Bryan is well in the 800's What about the other schools. Why don't all schools report stats too?
  11. As a Bryan supporter I have to disagree with you. As the floor leader and player on Villa who is in on almost every play, who leads the team on Reb, steal, blks and ast. ( I will not even talk about offense) On defense he also has to see and play more than just his man. And Villa's lack of a big man is ask to play in the post, with his height that is crazy but that is what he is asked to do. I kills me all you Bryan haters out there wanted to trash him but will say that he has the most talent. Or the ones that say he trash talks or God forbid smiles, so he talks to players on the floor, I would ask just one to come forward and say he trashed them. I will agree he talks to much to the ref. but is that because he is speaking captain, if so he may take that to far? All three player are fine player. If you are going to give this POY award to the best player I say it goes to Bryan. If the award goes to the best player on the best team you have to give it to Buettel. But to not give it to either because their Team did not go as far in the all A that is wrong, one game that the team may not have won, over a players play or wins over the whole season which is alot harder to do seems just wrong to me. But I am not a voting coach so, Congrets to Flanigan!
  12. Should make their second regional apperence if everything goes according to plan. Villa and Dayton should be battling for the conference next year IMO.
  13. Finals set for Dixie vs. St. Henry St. Henry should roll pretty smoothly with the way they played tonight, and NKYBOY Villa returns everyone besides Duggan and Trinkle #'s 33 and 21. Should be a very interesting year for next year.
  14. Obviously from the picture you can see no choke, his hand is up and his arm is extended. But whats new with him being shocked from a call, he does need to calm down his emotions on the court. Overall it was close after the first, but St. Henry wasn't going to be denied tonight, they showed alot of talent from off the bench. Bryan ended up with 26, but like stated it wasn't against the starters. As far as the choke comment being "the dirtiest play in HS basketball", that has to be the most biased statement I've heard.
  15. Are you kidding me? Look closely at the picture, his hand is up signaling he isn't doing anything. It's kind of hard to intentionally choke someone when your arm is fully extended. Also I'm sure if there was any dirty plays one of the three refs would have spotted it, they were watching Bryan closely all night. They weren't going to let him get away with anything for sure.
  16. Who guarded Bryan the last time they played. I recall the same as you that St. H keeped fresh legs on him and many time doubled and tripled up on him. This is a different Villa than when they meet last. The team is really stepping up now and Bryan is not having to do as much. But like St. H who knows what Villa team will show up. What Villa may lack in experence, they gain by playing with their hearts. Good Luck to both teams.
  17. I am not Discrediting Flanigan. No one thinks coaches are out to get any one. Just debating, thats what this sites about. I don't have any thing bad to say about any player. And as a fan, like you do, I will promote the school and players that I am a fan of.
  18. The young man went to Calvary with Flanigan. I guess you saying Flanigan should get the POY award with out seeing Calvary play holds little water. It is funny how every player in the state has to be measured by if he would start at Holmes or not.
  19. I never said they are out to get any one. I say POY is player award not a team award and I believe that the main stat you want to always bring up about Bryan is points. I am not saying that this award is about points it should be about making your team better and what do you measure all about stats, at the top of that list for a point guard (all 3 that we are talking about is ast)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bryan has 99, Flanigan 44,Buettel 80. Ast is a true measure of a player getting the ball to team mates. If you are going to say it is how far you get in the all A that is a team measure. Make it TOY. All player are fine player! Like some one else said that is the beauty of this site you can debate.
  20. Romes should have gotten Defensive POY.
  21. He also had 35 on Louisville Seneca a top 10 team in the state. 33 on St.H, Calvary 30 and 19. Dixie 37,NC 26, Newport 37. I believe all good competition. How many Beechwood or Calvary players sees the focus D that Bryan does?
  22. If you look a POY as I do it is the person that makes the player on the team better look at the ast. Flanagan 44,Beuttel 80. No dis on Fanagan but to over look others with better records team and personal. Maybe this award is more personal than fact. If so that is a shame.
  23. This is crazy you are right how does Bryan not get D3 POY his stats are all most 2 times as good as Flanningan. Isn't POY a Player award not a team award? If it goes to the player that teams does the best it has to go to one of the Beechwood boys!!! Calvary 20-8 Beechwood 22-4 Flanningan Points 454 avg. 17.5 ast.44 to 52 reb 66 stl 31 blk 5 Bryan Points 710 avg 31.2 ast.99 to 94 reb 140 stl 52 blk 22

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.