Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Henry vs. Villa Madonna

Featured Replies

Game is Wednesday at Villa at 7:45. St. Henry is the 1 seed. Villa is the 4 seed.

 

Who takes this one? Last year St. Henry took the win in OT in regionals, this year St. Henry won by 8 at TMC. I think it really depends on which St. Henry team comes to play. They are a hard team to figure out if you just look at their scores over the past couple of weeks. Villa seems to be consistant, winning 7 out of their last 8 all against DIII schools. Bryan against Speed should be fun to watch.

 

Is it wrong that I think St. Henry can win this by 30 or lose by 3???

 

Anyone else feel that way?

I like St. Henry by 9.

Game is Wednesday at Villa at 7:45. St. Henry is the 1 seed. Villa is the 4 seed.

 

Who takes this one? Last year St. Henry took the win in OT in regionals, this year St. Henry won by 8 at TMC. I think it really depends on which St. Henry team comes to play. They are a hard team to figure out if you just look at their scores over the past couple of weeks. Villa seems to be consistant, winning 7 out of their last 8 all against DIII schools. Bryan against Speed should be fun to watch.

 

Is it wrong that I think St. Henry can win this by 30 or lose by 3???

 

Anyone else feel that way?

 

I know what you mean by that last comment. I've seen this St. Henry team and they really have a good amount of talent. Speed is as good as any SR GUARD in the region. He can flat out stroke it. But if he doesn't give them 20+ it seems like the entire team stuggles. Camron needs to put this team on his back. Zumdick has to step up and play big. Joey Swikert is a very underrated player and the heart of this team. Scotty Volz didn't even play his soph or junior years, but at times he looks like the best player on this court.

 

I feel like St. Henry will take care of business and hold Bryan under 20 and win by more than 15+.

I'm going to say St. Henry, but would not be surprised if Villa won on their home floor.

Coach Faust is one of the best coaches in NKY. I will be interested in seeing his gameplan to stop Blake Bryan. There are some major differences in this match up compared to last year. The biggest difference being Stephen Love. Bryan is a one man show at Villa with an occassional help from Schue spotting up. I don't think Villa will have the gas or manpower to pull an upset, even at home.

I say St. Henry by 5, but I would love to see Villa win this one.

Anyone else think that this upset can happen?

I know what you mean by that last comment. I've seen this St. Henry team and they really have a good amount of talent. Speed is as good as any SR GUARD in the region. He can flat out stroke it. But if he doesn't give them 20+ it seems like the entire team stuggles. Camron needs to put this team on his back. Zumdick has to step up and play big. Joey Swikert is a very underrated player and the heart of this team. Scotty Volz didn't even play his soph or junior years, but at times he looks like the best player on this court.

 

I feel like St. Henry will take care of business and hold Bryan under 20 and win by more than 15+.

 

I totally agree with your last comment but it seems like even though Bryan get's his 30 or 40 Villa struggles? I'm sure Coach (the best in NKY)Faust will be ready and lead the crew to VICTORY!

I totally agree with your last comment but it seems like even though Bryan get's his 30 or 40 Villa struggles? I'm sure Coach (the best in NKY)Faust will be ready and lead the crew to VICTORY!

 

One thing I know about Coach Faust is he doesn't look at it like "leading his team to VICTORY". He takes that as a compliment I'm sure, but this is a team of 8 seniors. When he has had a large amount of seniors in the past his teams have done pretty well. He expects those seniors to be prepared and have the experience needed to "lead the Cru to victory".

One thing I know about Coach Faust is he doesn't look at it like "leading his team to VICTORY". He takes that as a compliment I'm sure, but this is a team of 8 seniors. When he has had a large amount of seniors in the past his teams have done pretty well. He expects those seniors to be prepared and have the experience needed to "lead the Cru to victory".

 

well then I guess we agree that somebody is going to lead the crew and they'll come out on top!!!:thumb:

I think St. Hank gets the W...Faust is too good of a coach to allow his team to bow out of the postseason this early.

 

St. Henry 63

Villa 50

First of all, Speed and Swikert will have to be"ON" as well as Zumdick and Bessler. Besslers been overlooked by many--he has stepped up tremendously the last few games for SH.

 

Second, Speed won't be guarding Bryan -- I lay money Faust has the jr pg guarding Bryan! He shut Pangalo down in the All A and Giwa from HC down in both games they played when he was in--he's too is under-rated--his problem--he rather have the assist than the points. If he gets into foul trouble he's the only kid that can really handle the ball and distribute to free up Speed and Swikert.

I think that they will throw a few things at Bryan. He's probably going to see some 2-3 zone and maybe even some 1-3-1. As for matching up. St. Henry knows from experience Villa has a few other shooters on the perimeter but they aren't really going to hurt you down low. I think you'll see Anderson, Hils, Swikert guarding Bryan the most. Speed some but doubtful, because they'll want to keep him fresh on offense. I don't think people from St. Henry and from other teams realize how good of defender Joey Swikert has been the past two years. Possibly the best at St. Henry since Ross Czarnik. Look for him to be all over Bryan.

I think that they will throw a few things at Bryan. He's probably going to see some 2-3 zone and maybe even some 1-3-1. As for matching up. St. Henry knows from experience Villa has a few other shooters on the perimeter but they aren't really going to hurt you down low. I think you'll see Anderson, Hils, Swikert guarding Bryan the most. Speed some but doubtful, because they'll want to keep him fresh on offense. I don't think people from St. Henry and from other teams realize how good of defender Joey Swikert has been the past two years. Possibly the best at St. Henry since Ross Czarnik. Look for him to be all over Bryan.

 

Who guarded Bryan the last time they played. I recall the same as you that St. H keeped fresh legs on him and many time doubled and tripled up on him.

 

This is a different Villa than when they meet last. The team is really stepping up now and Bryan is not having to do as much. But like St. H who knows what Villa team will show up. What Villa may lack in experence, they gain by playing with their hearts. Good Luck to both teams.

Bryan and Schue will have to have 40 and 20 for Villa to win. Probably not going to happen against St. Henry.

Bryan and Schue will have to have 40 and 20 for Villa to win. Probably not going to happen against St. Henry.

 

How do you figure? I think Bryan and Schue will both have to have good games... Possibly both in the 20's. But how do you figure that those two have to combine for 60 to win.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.