Blake Bryan NKY Leading Scorer

I din't understand what game everyone else is watching but Bryan is the best guard in the 9th region and one of the best in the state period. He would start for every team in the state much less the 9th region. There isn't another player in the 9th region that would score 35 pts/ game if they were playing for Villa. The kid can flat out shoot and score driving to the basket. If he was 6'1" everyone would talking D1. No doubt he has some bad habits from having to make all the plays, but most of the time he makes them.

I think Bryan is a great little ball player and I really like his game, but you can't be serious with that comment. Bryan isn't even the best guard in the region, let alone the state. No way he's better than either Johnson Brother or Riley of Holmes. That's foolish thinking. All three would put up HUGE numbers at Villa. I don't think he'd start for Holmes but he could definetly start for any other team in NKY, IMO. Next year, I could see him starting for Holmes though and really think he'd thrive in that system with the Johnson Brothers, Pittman, and Arnold around him. He wouldn't put up as many points, but his shooting % would be off the charts because of the open looks he'd get.

He fits in well with Villa's system where he's the man, but to think he's one of the best guards in the state might be pushing it a little. He puts up huge numbers for Villa because he takes a lot of shots and doesn't have a great supporting cast. When I saw him against Oldham Co, he seemed to force too many shots though. That's his only downfall that I see. Get the ball on the wing, drive in the lane, jump stop, and shoot. He is very predictable.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bryan is a great little ball player and I really like his game, but you can't be serious with that comment. Bryan isn't even the best guard in the region, let alone the state. No way he's better than either Johnson Brother or Riley of Holmes. That's foolish thinking. All three would put up HUGE numbers at Villa. I don't think he'd start for Holmes but he could definetly start for any other team in NKY, IMO. Next year, I could see him starting for Holmes though and really think he'd thrive in that system with the Johnson Brothers, Pittman, and Arnold around him. He wouldn't put up as many points, but his shooting % would be off the charts because of the open looks he'd get.

He fits in well with Villa's system where he's the man, but to think he's one of the best guards in the state might be pushing it a little. He puts up huge numbers for Villa because he takes a lot of shots and doesn't have a great supporting cast. When I saw him against Oldham Co, he seemed to force too many shots though. That's his only downfall that I see. Get the ball on the wing, drive in the lane, jump stop, and shoot. He is very predictable.

Except the part where he shoots 9-of-15 from three on you. I wouldn't exactly say that's all he does.

Except the part where he shoots 9-of-15 from three on you. I wouldn't exactly say that's all he does.

I know he is a good outside shooter. I was simply stating off the dribble he is very predictable. He doesn't take many mid range jumpers. HE either shoots the three or tries to get in the lane and get a high percentage shot, which isn't bad at all.

He is very good. Villa started 3 juniors, and 2 sophs last night. They are a young team, and have some big holes. They had 7 seniors that they lost off of that team last year. He started then, and still put up over 20 a game with much more talent around him. It just is what it is, he is good, his supporting cast is a little weaker this year. Its the life cycle of a small school. Seems to me, they can be pretty good next year. Bryan is asked to do a ton this year. It does look like he forces a ton, but I think that is the best option to keep them in the games. A bad shot from Bryan is still a shot that they get off.

And yes, I think he would start for anyone on in the region and be very good at it. He is not the best guard in the state, maybe-maybe not in the region, but the kid can play. Lets not get too down on him cause he trys to do what he can to help a small school.

I don't see how you don't think he would start over Ahearn? Also, Pangallo is good and I'm a big fan, but I can't see him starting over Bryan either.

Whether or not he is better, I think he would not start over Ahearn only because Ahearn is a senior and has started the last couple of years.

Blake is a very solid player. His jumping ability really makes up for his lack of height.

Can he dunk? I assume he can grab the rim. I think he will be fine if he keeps his composure. He got frustrated in AAU ball when I saw tough defense played on him this summer.

Corey Pelle put the same type of numbers up at Silver Grove two years ago. The difference is that Corey Pelle was one of the top defenders in the state, played above the rim at times and shot 59% from the field for the year.

Blake is at 44%??? Not very effecient.

Corey Pelle put the same type of numbers up at Silver Grove two years ago. The difference is that Corey Pelle was one of the top defenders in the state, played above the rim at times and shot 59% from the field for the year.

Blake is at 44%??? Not very effecient.

Very good points. Not to mention Pelle had 5-6 inches on this kid which can only help.

Capel played on one of the best AAU teams in the state for his age bracket ever since he was in middle school. He played in national tournaments and succeeded. He was also over 6ft tall. That helped him in college also where his became one the best players in his conference.