Blake Bryan NKY Leading Scorer

I will give you Riley and Housely. I think they bring more to the table than Bryan in a team environment but he plays in front on D Johnson and Arnold right now. Arnold has potential but he is not a prime time player at this time.

I agree with you on Arnold not being a prime time player at this point, but I think most will agree that he will be. I think Bryan would be a key player off the bench for Holmes this year and probably a starter next year.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you on Arnold not being a prime time player at this point, but I think most will agree that he will be. I think Bryan would be a key player off the bench for Holmes this year and probably a starter next year.

I agree. No probably about it though...Bryan WOULD start on next year's team.

The kid can flat out play. Age is irrelevant, and I'm not sure why it was even brought into the talk.

Yes it doesn't matter this year, but next year there would be a slight advantage, just being a whole year more mature than anyone else..

I'm just stating a fact, I agree with everyone that this kid is a stud, trust me I know from experience guarding him, IMHO he was better than Love also...

Couldn't agree more about him starting next year. I put probably just in case they got a transfer or someone like Arnold came to be the star they are capable of becoming.

:sssh::D

As far as Arnold goes, I expect him to break out next year, the way Pittman did this year.

That's what I'm forseeing too. Hopefully he gets some big time offers like Mr. Pittman too.

Arnold averaged 15 ppg over the summer playing 17u at age 14. I think it's safe to assume he will break out next year. Playing along side the Johnson Brothers and Pittman will really help his stock rise.

Again, Bryan wouldn't start for Holmes THIS YEAR and IMO wouldn't start for any top 10 team in the state. No disrespect, but honestly not many big schools are in need of a 5'8 shooter.

Next year...now that's a different story. He would start for any team in nky NEXT YEAR. This year though, there's no way he plays ahead of Riley, Housely, D. Johnson, or Arnold at Holmes.

No disrepect to you but, Bryan is not just a shooter, top ten in nky on asst., block shots,steals, d rebounds, that is not just a shooting. He droped 35 on

Seneca while being doubled and tripled ( I believe a team Holmes played too). He has played on AAU team with kid that play just like Holmes and just as big. He can jump out of the gym and has been clocked running 40 in the low 4's.Who cares if he would start at Holmes or not this year, he plays for Villa beside I think Holmes is do just fine with out him. If he is only a 5'8 shooter why would Holems want him next year away.

Bryan is not leading NKy in assists but is still the scoring leader. He is a very talented player who is in the right situation to put up a lot of points. I saw him a lot in AAU this summer and he can get his shot off at almost anytime. that creates the good and the bad part of his game. He was playing with some very talented players this summer but did not seem to adjust his game. Granted, I only saw him with Shining Star team this summer and with that group he still seemed intent upon shooting quite a bit and not interested in getting his teammates involved. I think on a pure talent level he could start for any team in NKy and most teams in the state.

Really I saw him play on the Stars this summer too. I fact I was stand by Alex Meacham the owner of the Shinning Stars, when he told Bryan that he was one of the best passer and guards to see the floor that he has seen in AAU for a long time. Heck even Bundy told him that he was one of the most unselfish player. You are right he no longer leads in asst. He is #2.

This is probably for another thread but I'll ask anyway. Isn't there an age regulation about starting a season if after your 18th birthday? And yes he's a nice player just curious about the age thing.

Bylaw 3. Age

Pursuant to KRS 156.070 (2) (e), a student who becomes nineteen

(19) years old before August 1 shall be ineligible for interscholastic

athletic competition. A student who becomes nineteen (19) on or

after August 1 shall remain eligible for the entire school year. The

Board of Control and the Commissioner may waive the provisions

of this regulation and the student shall be eligible for high school

athletics in Kentucky if the written documentation is provided to

clearly demonstrate that the student:

Link

Bylaw 3. Age

Pursuant to KRS 156.070 (2) (e), a student who becomes nineteen

(19) years old before August 1 shall be ineligible for interscholastic

athletic competition. A student who becomes nineteen (19) on or

after August 1 shall remain eligible for the entire school year. The

Board of Control and the Commissioner may waive the provisions

of this regulation and the student shall be eligible for high school

athletics in Kentucky if the written documentation is provided to

clearly demonstrate that the student:

Link

Bryan was not 18 at the start of school.

Not all teams have reported stats into the KHSAA, most but not all. Here is a link to the stats leaders:

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/regularseason/2009/statsbit.htm

Bryan leads the state in scoring, points per game:

Top 15 Scoring Leaders

(playing a minimum of 7 games)

(ranked by total points per game)

Player School Gms Pts Avg

Bryan, Blake Villa Madonna 13 433 33.3

Mosley, Eric Moore 10 300 30.0

Sloan, Dayvon Waggener 14 386 27.6

Campbell, Kyle Nicholas County 10 270 27.0

Ferguson, Jonathan Elliott County 11 295 26.8

Strange, James David Pineville 16 416 26.0