Covington Holmes 70 Scott County 65

3Ball

I agree with Doomer. Phares is at least an inch taller than Pittman and Euton. This explains why RTA RHO was late to post. He was getting his new glasses. Thre are some very knowledgeable fans posting on here. The size question was the only thing I could "pick at".

Time will tell, but I do think GeLawn Guyn will be a high major and not a mid major as one poster predicted. What is not to like. He is a great defenser, can penetrate and dish and has a fine mid range and outside shot. I guess he could be taller.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scott Co. should not get beat in the state of Ky. with all that talent.

Actually, their talent level has been overrated. It has mentioned by other posts regarding the struggles of Euton. I think he might be the most overrated player in the state in a long, long time. Phares struggles against kids his size or bigger and Jackson can only score going to the bucket. Guyn is their best player without a doubt. I still think Euton, Phares and Jackson are good players, I just think the gap in talent between Scott County and the rest of the state has been exaggerated.

Having said all that, can they still put it all together and end up being the best team in the state? Without a doubt that can and may happen.

Actually, their talent level has been overrated. It has mentioned by other posts regarding the struggles of Euton. I think he might be the most overrated player in the state in a long, long time. Phares struggles against kids his size or bigger and Jackson can only score going to the bucket. Guyn is their best player without a doubt. I still think Euton, Phares and Jackson are good players, I just think the gap in talent between Scott County and the rest of the state has been exaggerated.

Having said all that, can they still put it all together and end up being the best team in the state? Without a doubt that can and may happen.

I read on another site that Euton probably won't be in the top 250 juniors in the nation.

I read on another site that Euton probably won't be in the top 250 juniors in the nation.

From what I saw he shouldn't be one of the top players in the state, much less the nation.

Can the NKY faithful tell me if I'm wrong here? Is he better than Brennan Votel? Is he better than Greg Rice? Is he better than Travis Rasso or Any Earls?

No way. All these bigmen mentioned were better than what I saw on the floor last night from Euton.

From what I saw he shouldn't be one of the top players in the state, much less the nation.

Can the NKY faithful tell me if I'm wrong here? Is he better than Brennan Votel? Is he better than Greg Rice? Is he better than Travis Rasso or Any Earls?

No way. All these bigmen mentioned were better than what I saw on the floor last night from Euton.

I haven't seen him play since he was at Rose Hill, but I wasn't all that impressed then. He does still have time to grow and work on his game, though.

Is he better than BV? Based on what I saw last night, not necessarily. However, its the first time I've seen him play other than an AAU game.

BV has better ball skills. Euton might win a 3 point shooting contest. BV is more athletic.

I don't see how he could be. Unless he has a late growth spurt and gets to 6'10 or so, can' see him seeing the floor much at Kentucky. I watched him 3 times last season and he did not do anything to make me think he could play in the SEC. I think Jackson could be solid D1 player with a little work on his jumpshot.

Euton has been 6'8 since he was a 5th grader (exageration obviously but you get it) and he was a dominant force in AAU ball from this time til probably last year. Now his overwhelming size can be detrimental to him especially when playing quicker, longer kids like you saw last night. I think Euton would be decent in a NORSE uniform but at this point that is all.

Billy G probably hit the scotch hard upon his arrival home last night after that performance.

Final tidbit on this game would be that Flannery transferring to Scott County was not a wise choice. I didnt think he was looked to by Hicks to contribute much yesterday. I think he would have been better served staying at Boone Co and making them a BIG TIME team. With Popp and Gabbard at the 1-2 and Flannery playing the 3. McFarland at the 4 and Earls at 5. Wow !!! Oh well.

From nky.com:

Holmes topples pre season #1

According to every preseason poll, Scott County was the best boys' basketball team in Kentucky.

According to Holmes basketball players, every preseason poll was wrong.

The Bulldogs backed up that sentiment with an impressive 70-65 victory over Scott County in the Bluegrass-Buckeye Holiday Charity Classic in front of an estimated 3,000 fans at the Bank of Kentucky Center.

Asked if his team is the best in the Bluegrass, Holmes junior Elijah Pittman didn't hesitate.

"Yeah," he said.

Rest of story:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20081215/SPT0302/812150357/

For those who weren't in attendance last night and missed Pittman's one handed tomahawk dunk:

I missed it live but when I opened up the sports page today and saw that it was almost like I was there. Great shot and awesome dunk by a "MONSTER" quoting Billy Hicks.

I haven't heard from many SC fans on this thread except for Rainman. Where are all the Card Fans?

From kentucky.com:

No. 2 Holmes beats top ranked Scott Co.

Scott Co. falls behind by 17 early

HIGHLAND HEIGHTS — Scott County was a clear-cut No. 1 in the pre-season boys' basketball ratings, but No. 2 Holmes showed Sunday night that the Cardinals' roost at the top isn't secure.

Sparked by the three-point shooting of JaMel Riley and a hustling defense, Holmes beat Scott County 70-65...

......Was this a statement game?

"Yes," said Holmes junior star Ricardo Johnson. "It means we're No. 1 now."

Rest of story:

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/627080.html