Covington Holmes 70 Scott County 65

3Ball

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a game. Glad to be able to call this one and have the best seat in the house. A few impressions:

1. I have never been impressed with Euton. Even from the RHA days. All I saw him do is sweat. If that's the caliber of players that Billy G wants to sign, maybe he might not want to get sophomores.

2. Billy Hicks is too much. Others on the post called him a whiner I believe. I agree. "They've walked 25 times" Please.

3. The arena is great. The 9th and 10th Region tournament needs to stay right here. Look forward to March.

We will have the game audio, pictures as well as the entire game on video matched up with our broadcast for the first time on the site late tonight. Look to the left as to where to find it. The CovCath/Highlands game too.

Just called it how I seen it from an unbiased standpoint of how I thought the game would go after seeing both teams. If you look at the prediction of the match ups, you'll see I was pretty dead on with all of the outcomes. :D

-Pittman gave Phares fits down low and dominated on the glass.

-Euton was a step too slow when guarding R. Johnson and struggled to score with a more athletic defender on him.

-JJ did a great job on Jackson and not only outscored him, but also out-rebounded him after many proclaimed Jackson as one of the best rebounding guards in the state. (I will say this though, the kid can flat out get up and has unreal athleticism. He was way up there on the missed in bounds alley oop attempt.)

-I called Riley and Ford even but said Riley was hands down the better shooter. Riley finished with 20, missing only 1 shot.

-I gave Guyn the advantage over Housely and said if he didn't move his feet, it'd be a long night for Holmes. Guyn torched them for 29.

It looked to me like Guyn guarded Riley most of the time. He kept leaving Riley wide open for 3s in the first half.

Guyn was able to drive at will on whoever was guarding him (Riley?).

It looked to me like Guyn guarded Riley most of the time. He kept leaving Riley wide open for 3s in the first half.

).

Riley surely benefits from having strong offensive weapons as teammates. When these players start goingn to the rim its only natural that defenders help which leaves Riley wide open.