Covington Holmes 70 Scott County 65

3Ball

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of boo boos from the announcer tonight and I wished they would use the part of the scoreboard that lists the players number and pts. Your telling me BOK Arena couldn't assign someone to handle that or the guy keeping score couldnt handle that?

At one point there was a foul on Scott County and he called Pittman's name but the Scott County player's number. Could have been nerves but wowzy.

Edited by Qryche11
Puncutation

Looks from the box score like Phares, Euton and Jackson had off nights. Not enough help for Guyn.

Once again, Scott County dug an early hole, couldn't climb out this time.

If SC would have pressed in the first half as well, I think they get the win. Holmes' primary weakness appeared to be handling ball pressure, especially against full-court pressure. Neither Riley nor R. Johnson were able to handle the ball well enough against pressure, and Holmes rushed shots. R. Johnson is certainly not a point guard. He doesn't handle the ball well enough or make good enough decisions to play that position.

In the first half, when Holmes had time to set up in a half-court offense, they shot well, especially from 3. Riley is a good shooter if left open. All of his points pretty much came from three-point shooting. Guyn was the best player on the court last night. Phares was in foul trouble and not a factor.

I missed this one. I didn not feel Holmes was ready, and thought that there best Basketball would come in March. This is the kind of game that can propel them to great things. They paly every one of the better teams in NKY, which would mean they should not have many let-down games.

BTW, Euton and Phares aren't big as advertised. I'd say Phares is probably 6'6 and Euton is 6'7. Pittman was taller than Phares by an inch and the same size as Euton.

I have to disagree with you on this. Phares is at least an inch probably two taller than Pittman, and an inch taller than Euton. He is probably between 6'7" and 6'8". However Pittman has long arms and jumps well.

Re Euton: Just big - very big! I've seen him play several times now and can not imagine him playing DI ball, especially in the SEC. I thought that in the first half he was one of Holmes' finest assets.

I can just picture BCG sitting there watching Euton with this look (which isn't always a good thing):

p1_tam.jpg

They have a lot of talent. Holmes has a lot of talent and quicker overall talent which hurt SC.

Agreed. SC is loaded, but there is not another team with the size/quickness of Holmes in the state. If it can be said the SC should not be beat, then it would only be fair to say that Holmes should not be beat. But, we know otherwise, and it makes Bryan Station a legitimate contender for the State title this year