Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will you vote for and why

Vote for the next President 73 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote for the next President

    • Obama
      34%
      25
    • McCain
      52%
      38
    • Other (please specify)
      9%
      7
    • Undecided
      4%
      3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't see "present" on the ballot. What happened to that choice??

  • Replies 73
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol::lol:

 

I had no clue who her running mate was. That would definitely shake things up on the hill. I would honestly like to have anyone but a Dempublican, even someone like McKinney who I don't agree with. At least she didn't vote for the pork bail out!

McKinney would have certainly voted for the bail out had she still been a member of the House. She, along with the rest of the Black Caucus was a driving force behind the corruption at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. McKinney is a 911 "truther," a conspiracy nut, and all-around socialist whack job.

 

Here is McKinney alleging the mass murder of 5,000 mostly male (read young black males) in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina by National Guardsmen with single gunshots to the head. The National Guard then allegedly dumped the victims' corpses in the Louisiana swamps. McKinney claims that she has confirmed the allegation through sources at the Red Cross who "wish to remain anonymous."

 

If you are determined to cast a protest vote against John McCain, I suggest writing a name in if you believe Cynthia McKinney is the best alternative on the ballot.

^ Nice try, Hoot. However, it occurs to me that the most effective protest vote against John McCain is a vote for Obama, and vice-versa. I will not waste a vote.

 

I will vote Democrat, as I usually (but not always) do. I believe that it is my patriotic duty; nay - a task from God - to cancel Hoot Gibson's vote.:D

 

 

 

J/K. I've made it known on more than one occasion that the Iraq war is the overarching issue for me. I vehemently disagree with it, and I will not cast a vote for a potential administration that will perpetuate the failed policies of the previous one.

^ Nice try, Hoot. However, it occurs to me that the most effective protest vote against John McCain is a vote for Obama, and vice-versa. I will not waste a vote.

 

I will vote Democrat, as I usually (but not always) do. I believe that it is my patriotic duty; nay - a task from God - to cancel Hoot Gibson's vote.:D

 

 

 

J/K. I've made it known on more than one occasion that the Iraq war is the overarching issue for me. I vehemently disagree with it, and I will not cast a vote for a potential administration that will perpetuate the failed policies of the previous one.

My post was in response to FKW's statement that he is considering a vote for McKinney as a protest vote. Because FKW leans libertarian, I assume that he would never consider voting for a socialist like Obama. McKinney shares much of Obama's world view and she is certifiably insane to boot.

 

I understand conservatives and libertarians wanting to protest the Republican Party's decision to put a guy like McCain on the ticket but casting a vote for a socialist or a nutcase like McKinney does not send the right message to the GOP.

McCain because:

 

1. He is not Barrack Obama.

 

2. A vote for McCain will help advance Sarah Palin's career, who I view as a potential leader of a strong conservative backlash if Americans are stupid enough to turn over the keys to BHO for four years.

 

3. McCain will not allow the shadows of Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, and the other thugs associated with Obama to darken the hallways of the White House.

4. Sarah Palin is not Joe Biden.

 

 

I was speaking with a 30 year Army Pilot at a football game last night. This came up ( in bold). He brought up how for most gov. jobs obviously including Army officers you could not get TOP SECRET clearance with associations like Obama. He wondered how the heck he got thru it...?

 

But anyway I will be voting for McCain b/c I just dont trust Obama/or sneaky Biden, there are to many cracks in both of their history and for many of the reason Mthunder spoke on.

I'm tired of seeing U S jobs outsourced or off shored. Why should I vote for either person and which candidate can stop this? Last Friday a section of a textile company was given their pink slip so jobs could move out of this country for cheaper wages.

My post was in response to FKW's statement that he is considering a vote for McKinney as a protest vote. Because FKW leans libertarian, I assume that he would never consider voting for a socialist like Obama. McKinney shares much of Obama's world view and she is certifiably insane to boot.

 

I understand conservatives and libertarians wanting to protest the Republican Party's decision to put a guy like McCain on the ticket but casting a vote for a socialist or a nutcase like McKinney does not send the right message to the GOP.

Come on Hoot you should know better. In my first post in this thread I called the Green Party communists. Plus I'm probably the most vocal Bob Barr supporter/ Libertarian (it's not a lean, it's full blown) on the site, I was just saying I'd rather have her over either of the Dempublicans (the bail out convinced me that Dempublicans aren't far behind her) who did cast a vote for the bail out. I do agree with you, McKinney definitely would have voted for the bail out and I will do my best not to vote for someone who would have voted yes if given the opportunity (that's why the Senate race has me torn) Luckily for me, there is a Presidential candidate I know that would absolutely not vote for the bail out...Bob Barr.

 

Btw, this isn't a protest vote, I agree with Bob Barr on most everything, he is who I want as my next President. My possible vote for Bruce Lunsford (this is still hard to swallow) will be a protest vote. But the Barr vote is most definitely not!

Come on Hoot you should know better. In my first post in this thread I called the Green Party communists. Plus I'm probably the most vocal Bob Barr supporter/ Libertarian (it's not a lean, it's full blown) on the site, I was just saying I'd rather have her over either of the Dempublicans (the bail out convinced me that Dempublicans aren't far behind her) who did cast a vote for the bail out. I do agree with you, McKinney definitely would have voted for the bail out and I will do my best not to vote for someone who would have voted yes if given the opportunity (that's why the Senate race has me torn) Luckily for me, there is a Presidential candidate I know that would absolutely not vote for the bail out...Bob Barr.

 

Btw, this isn't a protest vote, I agree with Bob Barr on most everything, he is who I want as my next President. My possible vote for Bruce Lunsford (this is still hard to swallow) will be a protest vote. But the Barr vote is most definitely not!

I am truly sorry that I did not pick up on the sarcasm in your McKinney comment, FKW. I agree with Barr on most issues but he will never climb any higher than the House of Representatives because he has no sense of humor and is generally not a very effective communicator, IMO.

 

If I were going to cast a protest vote, it would probably be for Barr but I wish that Wayne Alyn Root was on the top of the ticket instead of Barr. Barr lost some of my respect when he went to work for the ACLU.

I've made it known on more than one occasion that the Iraq war is the overarching issue for me. I vehemently disagree with it, and I will not cast a vote for a potential administration that will perpetuate the failed policies of the previous one.
You're in for a rude awakening if you think Obama is going to do the things he claims he is on the war in Iraq. If he does, you'll see why he was the wrong pick.

I won't vote this year.

 

I don't feel there is a candidate worth my time at the polls and the gas money it would cost me to get there.

I don't see "present" on the ballot. What happened to that choice??

 

 

 

Obama used them all up in his 100 and some odd days in office.....

 

Stealing Hoots reasons -

 

McCain because:

 

1. He is not Barrack Obama.

 

2. A vote for McCain will help advance Sarah Palin's career, who I view as a potential leader of a strong conservative backlash if Americans are stupid enough to turn over the keys to BHO for four years.

 

3. McCain will not allow the shadows of Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, and the other thugs associated with Obama to darken the hallways of the White House.

 

4. Sarah Palin is not Joe Biden.

A wasted vote. Don't help Obama, UKMustangFan.

Not a wasted vote at all! This is the same rhetoric that keeps Dempublicans in power and allows the current crop of poor candidates that they present to us. Plus, if Barr is able to get the needed percentage of votes Libertarians will be recognized on KY ballots and won't have to waste money attempting to get ballot access. This way you will be able to say that you were part of the solution and not part of the problem.

 

Finally, in KY a vote for either Dempublican is a wasted vote. Either you are going to help McCain win a little bit more or help Obama lose by a little bit less. Either way, KY is locked up for sure!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.