Who will you vote for and why

Vote for the next President  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next President

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Other (please specify)
    • Undecided

My BB won't let me edit my response for some reason.

I want to add, as far as demonizing tactics, I think the conservatives are far more demonizing with their constant smear campaigns that they run, that aren't geared remotely towards policy. You don't have to believe me but I know of several undecided people who became Obama supporters just because of the constant smearing of Obama and lack of providing any reason why they should vote for McCain instead of Obama. In fact someone on this website said that the McCain supporters led them to Obama. You can take it for what it's worth. I know politics and human nature warrants that you are going to occasionally diss the other candidates, I have defintely dissed them both several times, but mine are generally against a policy of theirs and not some "supposed" connection to a person, religion, org., etc. In this day and age people want the truth and they really want to vote FOR someone they believe in, not a vote against someone. I know I would rather vote for someone in the Senator race, not just against Mitch.

A candidate's past associations, voting records, and other activities are much better predictors of future behavior than any platform or campaign promise. I think that my views in this area are shared by most conservatives. What you call "smear campaigns" are no such thing if those "campaigns" are factual and those facts are presented in their proper context.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ For example, GWB was a merchant of death as Texas governor, and he has been one as US president. He ran multiple businesses into the ground in the private sector, and he's presided over our current economic freefall.

We don't agree often, but you hit the nail on the head with that one, HE. :D

A candidate's past associations, voting records, and other activities are much better predictors of future behavior than any platform or campaign promise. I think that my views in this area are shared by most conservatives. What you call "smear campaigns" are no such thing if those "campaigns" are factual and those facts are presented in their proper context.

Regardless, they turn people off, I'm not debating if they are factual or not.

^ For example, GWB was a merchant of death as Texas governor, and he has been one as US president. He ran multiple businesses into the ground in the private sector, and he's presided over our current economic freefall.

We don't agree often, but you hit the nail on the head with that one, HE. :D

The name is Hoot Gibson, and I would appreciate it if you remember it. If you need a better reason to use my BGP name, then I suggest you ask a moderator for guidance. :D

Regardless, they turn people off, I'm not debating if they are factual or not.
Having a candidate's record exposed may turn you off but it does not turn me off. If one simply accepts political campaign promises at face value during every election cycle, then politicians are never held accountable for their actions.

The name is Hoot Gibson, and I would appreciate it if you remember it. If you need a better reason to use my BGP name, then I suggest you ask a moderator for guidance. :D

For somebody who loves to dish it out, you sure have a hard time taking it.

I decided to check out the Bob Barr website today since I so dislike both of the candidates.

I'm pretty close to Barr on most issues. Much closer than I am with Obama or McCain. Why shouldn't I vote for him?

I decided to check out the Bob Barr website today since I so dislike both of the candidates.

I'm pretty close to Barr on most issues. Much closer than I am with Obama or McCain. Why shouldn't I vote for him?

I can only offer a plethora of reasons why you should vote for him. First and foremost, if you dislike both candidates, Barr is the only one that could bring actual change. It won't be him because he isn't going to win, but your vote is a true vote for change and can help a party that I think you might be ideologically aligned with

bring on actual change in the future. If Barr wins a certain percentage of the vote the Libertarian party will get automatic ballot access in Kentucky and will be able to spend money to promote their candidates that is otherwise spent on ballot access. By voting for Barr you won't be supporting "business as usual".