Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will you vote for and why

Vote for the next President 73 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote for the next President

    • Obama
      34%
      25
    • McCain
      52%
      38
    • Other (please specify)
      9%
      7
    • Undecided
      4%
      3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Obama or McCain. And tell why you are going to vote for the candidate IF you have decided yet. Don't turn this thread into a 'he said this' or 'he voted for/against that' so I can't vote for him, but specifically why you are going to vote they way you are going to vote.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I will vote McCain and here is why.

 

1. He is well thought of on both sides of the aisle (at least until he became the nominee) and has a better chance at actually getting things done

2. He is a more proven leader

3. We have to control spending, and his state is one of the lowest pork recipients in the nation

4. His 'real world' understanding and experience in foreign policy

5. His willingness to admit he was wrong and move forward

6. His willingness to listen to the recommendations of the commanders in Iraq on what should happen next and what they need to finish the job

 

Although I disagree with both McCain and Obama on:

1. Stance on immigration reform

2. Voting for this 'bailout' bill

Bob Barr or Chuck Baldwin, or a write in. No way I'm voting for these Earmark pushers.

I was never going to vote for Obama, but McCain won't get my vote either. They both supported the EESA. Maybe Barr.

To be honest, I'm still torn. I have liked McCain for many years. It looks like I will probably vote that way because much of what he has said in the past is where I am. I don't think Palin is very bright and she is dangerously ignorant of things I would think she ought to have knowledge of. I shudder at this "6 pack Joe" mentality because the truth is I want leaders and leaders need to have a higher acumen than mine or most on BGP or elsewhere.

 

However, I'm not voting for Palin, I would be voting for McCain.

 

Obama has a smooth message and does represent a different direction, of that I have no doubt. However I too think he stumbles away from articulating his ideas when he's off the talking points. Biden is Biden and about what I expect from a career man.

 

I almost wonder what would happen if Obama won. I love how at every election some have to say, "I pray that would never happen (insert the name of Clinton, Bush, Gore, Kerry or Obama)." This country has survived Carter, Nixon, Clinton, Bush, Johnson, Hoover, etc - It will survive whoever is elected this time.

 

Most here probably see me as a closet Obama man but they think that often based on the places I post to critique the kool-aid drinkers of both sides.

 

All that said, unless my mind changes by the First Tuesday in November, I will be voting for McCain.

To be honest, I'm still torn. I have liked McCain for many years. It looks like I will probably vote that way because much of what he has said in the past is where I am. I don't think Palin is very bright and she is dangerously ignorant of things I would think she ought to have knowledge of. I shudder at this "6 pack Joe" mentality because the truth is I want leaders and leaders need to have a higher acumen than mine or most on BGP or elsewhere.

 

However, I'm not voting for Palin, I would be voting for McCain.

 

Obama has a smooth message and does represent a different direction, of that I have no doubt. However I too think he stumbles away from articulating his ideas when he's off the talking points. Biden is Biden and about what I expect from a career man.

 

I almost wonder what would happen if Obama won. I love how at every election some have to say, "I pray that would never happen (insert the name of Clinton, Bush, Gore, Kerry or Obama)." This country has survived Carter, Nixon, Clinton, Bush, Johnson, Hoover, etc - It will survive whoever is elected this time.

 

Most here probably see me as a closet Obama man but they think that often based on the places I post to critique the kool-aid drinkers of both sides.

 

All that said, unless my mind changes by the First Tuesday in November, I will be voting for McCain.

 

Very well said Hatz. My thoughts are very nearly the same as yours.

McCain

 

I won't waste my vote, nor will I help someone be elected by default like Perot and Nader did.

 

Strictly a lesser of two evils vote, maybe the biggest one since I have been able to vote.

I'm going to do this by parties, I'm fairly bitter today.

 

Constitution Party - Theocracy

 

Green Party - Communists.

 

Ralph Nader - Light Communism

 

My favorite party of all time:

 

The Dempublicans - They outdid themselves this year and are fielding a inexcusable lineup of futility. I don't think the American people have ever had such poor candidates from the Dempublicans. The socialist pork promoting vote today completely erased any chance I had of voting for the Republican branch of the Dempublicans.

 

Libertarian Party - Bob Barr is the man. He wants strong civil liberties, a true smaller government, and more personal freedom. Things I feel we need. Plus in no way is this a wasted vote. I'm being part of the solution not part of the problem. People who complain about not liking either of the "two" and yet go in there and pick a Dempublican are the ones to blame or people who complain and stay at home and not vote. Democracy can work, you just have to be willing to do something about it.

 

I'm actually thankful for the bail out, I think it was the final straw for a lot of people, hopefully enough will vote for true change!

McCain because:

 

1. He is not Barrack Obama.

 

2. A vote for McCain will help advance Sarah Palin's career, who I view as a potential leader of a strong conservative backlash if Americans are stupid enough to turn over the keys to BHO for four years.

 

3. McCain will not allow the shadows of Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, and the other thugs associated with Obama to darken the hallways of the White House.

 

4. Sarah Palin is not Joe Biden.

McCain

 

I won't waste my vote, nor will I help someone be elected by default like Perot and Nader did.

 

Strictly a lesser of two evils vote, maybe the biggest one since I have been able to vote.

:thumb:

 

McCain because:

 

1. He is not Barrack Obama.

 

2. A vote for McCain will help advance Sarah Palin's career, who I view as a potential leader of a strong conservative backlash if Americans are stupid enough to turn over the keys to BHO for four years.

 

3. McCain will not allow the shadows of Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, and the other thugs associated with Obama to darken the hallways of the White House.

 

4. Sarah Palin is not Joe Biden.

:thumb:
I'm going to do this by parties, I'm fairly bitter today.

 

Constitution Party - Theocracy

 

Green Party - Communists.

 

Ralph Nader - Light Communism

 

My favorite party of all time:

 

The Dempublicans - They outdid themselves this year and are fielding a inexcusable lineup of futility. I don't think the American people have ever had such poor candidates from the Dempublicans. The socialist pork promoting vote today completely erased any chance I had of voting for the Republican branch of the Dempublicans.

 

Libertarian Party - Bob Barr is the man. He wants strong civil liberties, a true smaller government, and more personal freedom. Things I feel we need. Plus in no way is this a wasted vote. I'm being part of the solution not part of the problem. People who complain about not liking either of the "two" and yet go in there and pick a Dempublican are the ones to blame or people who complain and stay at home and not vote. Democracy can work, you just have to be willing to do something about it.

 

I'm actually thankful for the bail out, I think it was the final straw for a lot of people, hopefully enough will vote for true change!

 

So, I went searching earlier today, and found out that Cynthia McKinney, the Green Party candidate has a female Peurto Rican running mate. Wouldn't that cause an implosion in The Hill? :lol:

McCain because:

 

1. He is not Barrack Obama.

 

2. A vote for McCain will help advance Sarah Palin's career, who I view as a potential leader of a strong conservative backlash if Americans are stupid enough to turn over the keys to BHO for four years.

 

3. McCain will not allow the shadows of Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, and the other thugs associated with Obama to darken the hallways of the White House.

 

4. Sarah Palin is not Joe Biden.

 

Great reasons. You posted before I did, so with your permission, I will jump on your bandwagon. GO McCain/Palin:scared:

So, I went searching earlier today, and found out that Cynthia McKinney, the Green Party candidate has a female Peurto Rican running mate. Wouldn't that cause an implosion in The Hill? :lol:

 

:lol::lol:

 

I had no clue who her running mate was. That would definitely shake things up on the hill. I would honestly like to have anyone but a Dempublican, even someone like McKinney who I don't agree with. At least she didn't vote for the pork bail out!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.