Teen decapitated by ride at Six Flags

ScarHeel

The story I read said that no one on the ride was injured, so I'm assuming that no one kicked him. I would think that if your leg hit a guy in the head going 50 mph, you might hurt something, IDK.

Good point...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know it was the person/people in the first seat that kicked him???

We don't, but I would think that he got hit by the beginning of the ride.

I can't envision a situation where it would be the middle of the ride that causes the problem. But then again, I've never given much thought to anything relatively close to this.

Guest Bluto
Darwin award. I mean, this is a sad story, but where's the common sense?

Maybe so, but come on. There are signs that say not to go in there, and massive metal coasters flying around everywhere and you risk your life for a hat?

It's just a hat! I've had a few good hats in my time that I have been partial to, but none that were of such great value that I would risk my life if it flew off my head.

And I'll bet that someone tries to sue Six Flags for not having enough signs or not making the fences tall enough. :rolleyes:

I agree with you, Aiden.

And yeah, they will probably argue that 2 fences and several signs were not enough. The worst part is that some clowns on a jury will agree with them. :rolleyes:

I don't care how stupid this was...it is sad. At that age, you just don't feel as though anything will happen to you. We were all that age once and know exactly what I am talking about. My heart goes out to the family and friends of this young person.

We've all ran after something that was stupid - whether it be a hat that flew off your head, a ball that has bounced into the street or a man or woman that wasn't good for you. We just sometimes don't think but this sure was a horrible punishment for not thinking. I feel so sorry for this young man and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

People who were there and witnessed this happen say that the boy was in the restricted area and tried to grab at the feet of someone riding the ride.

Which to me sounds more believable than just walking under at the exact wrong time without noticing that the coaster was coming his way.

Has anything definitive been determined as to what he was doing? Getting a hat or trying to grab someones leg as a prank. I have read and heard both. Either way this is tragic and hit close to home as my family was at Six Flags KK last weekend with our youth group. This could happen to anyone at anytime, because as we all know, good people sometimes make bad decisions. MPGO.

CNN is now saying that some reports were that the kid was trying to jump and touch the ride as it went by.

I'm sure that someone knows what he was doing, heck, I'm sure Six Flags even has surveillance video, but they aren't saying anything definitive right now.