Teen decapitated by ride at Six Flags

ScarHeel

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police have declined to release the teenager's name until an autopsy is completed.

I'm no doctor, but I think even I could figure out the cause of death.

I guess that there is a possibility that the decapitation could have somehow occurred after death. I am sure that they also want to figure out if there were any drugs or alcohol in his system.

This is a sad story and I feel horrible for the family and friends of this young man. However, unlike the Ky Kingdom accident when the poor young girl lost part of her leg due to no fault of her own, this appears to be a situation where the park is not at fault. Sometimes people do dumb things and the results can be tragic. This brings to mind the recent death in Rockcastle County when a young man was electrocuted while trying to steal copper wiring. You hate to see it and feel bad for them, but must understand that there isn't always 'someone else 'to blame. Regardless of the how and why, this is still a tragic loss.

Very sad. I recommend the family of the deceased call the Larry Franklin law firm in L'ville, as Larry has lots of recent experience in these type cases. Pretty sure the Lassiter family would provide a good reference.

Difference is their daughter didnt climb 12' of fence to get into a restricted area.... Senseless accident.

Difference is their daughter didnt climb 12' of fence to get into a restricted area.... Senseless accident.

A 12' fence and then a 6' fence as well....I feel bad for the kid's family, but the only responsibility that be claimed in this one is on the boy.

We've all ran after something that was stupid - whether it be a hat that flew off your head, a ball that has bounced into the street or a man or woman that wasn't good for you. We just sometimes don't think but this sure was a horrible punishment for not thinking. I feel so sorry for this young man and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

I agree, but I have never climbed two fences with warning/restricted area signs to retrieve something. That is a criminal act.

The boy was there with a church youth group, from my understanding. So sad that this happened. I first heard the story and nothing was said about a hat, it sounded more like the boys were up to something, although they never specified why they were there. The boy that was with him could have come up with the hat story because it souds better than "we were going to prank people".

This is a terrible story. Its also terrible for the people who saw it. One of my first childhood memories(Icouldnt have been 4 years old) was at one of these little carnivals that come around...there was a girl with very long hair blowing in the wind as the ferris wheel went aroud. Her hair got caught in the gears by her seat some way and the result was awful. I remember plainly seeing them take her out and seeing the big pile of hair and scalp on the ground. That was over 40 years ago and it is still a vivid memory!! None of those rides are absolutely safe.