Teen decapitated by ride at Six Flags

ScarHeel

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25431893/

AUSTELL, Ga. - A teenager was decapitated by a roller coaster after he hopped a pair of fences and entered a restricted area Saturday at Six Flags Over Georgia, authorities said.

Six Flags officials are uncertain why the unidentified 17-year-old from Columbia, S.C. scaled two six-foot fences and passed signs that said the restricted area was off-limits and dangerous to visitors, spokeswoman Hela Sheth said in a news release.

Authorities were investigating reports from witnesses who said the teenager jumped the fences to retrieve a hat he lost while riding the Batman roller coaster, said Cobb County police Sgt. Dana Pierce. Police have declined to release the teenager's name until an autopsy is completed.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of Dave Chappelle as Rick James....."coooollllddd bloooded"

Maybe so, but come on. There are signs that say not to go in there, and massive metal coasters flying around everywhere and you risk your life for a hat?

It's just a hat! I've had a few good hats in my time that I have been partial to, but none that were of such great value that I would risk my life if it flew off my head.

And I'll bet that someone tries to sue Six Flags for not having enough signs or not making the fences tall enough. :rolleyes:

Edited by Aiden Seamus

At the 2004 Sweet 16, I was walking with family and friends to Rupp, sporting my Mason County 2003 State Champions hat. It blew off and proceeded to tumble down Broadway. I ran after it and eventually retrieved it, much to the utter and complete embarassment of my daughter.

I am saddened by the story and feel for the family and friends of this young man. However, the lack of judgment certainly bears noting, if for no other reason than as a warning to others tempted to do something similar.

At the 2004 Sweet 16, I was walking with family and friends to Rupp, sporting my Mason County 2003 State Champions hat. It blew off and proceeded to tumble down Broadway. I ran after it and eventually retrieved it, much to the utter and complete embarassment of my daughter.

A 2003 Mason County State Champions Hat? I would've let it blow away. :D

How do we know it was the person/people in the first seat that kicked him???

The story I read said that no one on the ride was injured, so I'm assuming that no one kicked him. I would think that if your leg hit a guy in the head going 50 mph, you might hurt something, IDK.