Patrick Sparks arrested on DUI Charges

ScarHeel

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that MANY of us have fallen under that DUMB category and have driven drunk when we were Patrick's age, wouldn't you? I just hope Patrick will never do this again.:rolleyes:

That doesn't make is smart.

And by the way, he has been an adult for enough years to know better than this.

That doesn't make is smart.

And by the way, he has been an adult for enough years to know better than this.

We all know better or should. If he was drunk he shouldn't have been driving.

The only thing I don't like about DUI laws is that alot of it's at an officers discretion, and if he doesn't care for you or you say the wrong thing, you'll go to jail. I'm a criminal justice major, step dad retired as a Captain in Kenton County. It's not a problem with police officers, it's a problem with the law and the way it's enforced. As was stated earlier he was probably way drunk if he was being a punk to officers, but just saying, DUI's in my mind are kinda a sticky situation.

I find it humors that in the "Thurman" thread some people say that he is an addict and it is not about intelligence that got him in the situation he is in. But, with alcohol, people say it is just "dumb" that you would commit DUI. If you comment DUI while on a prescription drug, or synthetic drug are you "dumb" or are you an "addict"?

That is the stereotype some people have. Drugs are bad, but alcohol is not a drug that can cause you to lose perception. Personally, I think you always have a choice, from the first time you decide to try a drug, to the last time you decide to use a drug. A person, even an addict, is not out of control all the time, and during those lucent periods, a person can say that they are going to seek out and except help.

With alcohol it is the same way, no different.

I find it humors that in the "Thurman" thread some people say that he is an addict and it is not about intelligence that got him in the situation he is in. But, with alcohol, people say it is just "dumb" that you would commit DUI. If you comment DUI while on a prescription drug, or synthetic drug are you "dumb" or are you an "addict"?

That is the stereotype some people have. Drugs are bad, but alcohol is not a drug that can cause you to lose perception. Personally, I think you always have a choice, from the first time you decide to try a drug, to the last time you decide to use a drug. A person, even an addict, is not out of control all the time, and during those lucent periods, a person can say that they are going to seek out and except help.

With alcohol it is the same way, no different.

I agree with alot of what you said. I think that people addicted to drugs, sad and as heatless as it may sound are dumb. We get preached to growing up about how horrible and ADDICTING drugs are. Yet people still "try them". Sorry but that to me is dumb.

I have been able to not "try drugs" for the whole 23 years I've been around. I don't see why others can't do the same. Perhaps I'm inconsiderate to the fact that they've become addicted, to something we're ALL WARNED IS ADDICTING. Do I think that people that do them or try them are horrible people, no, otherwise I'd have alot of horrible friends. But come on, there is a choice at some point, and people that choose to use, are DUMB.

He blew like a .141 according to the Lexington Herald.

Anyone know at what point you can start suffering from alcohol poisoning, I would assume .141 is close?

Umm..if I'm not mistaken the legal limit in Kentucky is .08. He was not 2x the limit, therefore not even close to alcohol poisoning.

He blew like a .141 according to the Lexington Herald.

Anyone know at what point you can start suffering from alcohol poisoning, I would assume .141 is close?

.141 is way to drunk to be driving - here is some helpful info:

BLOOD ALCOHOL LEVELS

(.01% - .04%) May be DUI: Anyone, after one drink during a two-hour period - and people weighing 170 pounds or more, after two drinks.

(.05% - .07%) Likely DUI: People weighing less than 170 pounds, after two drinks - people weighing 150 pounds or more, after three drinks - and people weighing 190 pounds or more, after four drinks.

(.08% - UP) Definitely DUI: People weighing less than 150 pounds, after three drinks - people weighing less than 190 pounds, after four drinks - and anyone, after five drinks