Track the Reds (Week 8)

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reds—who own the longest current winning streak in baseball—are looking to win seven straight for the first time since winning eight in a row in 2006.

Penny (5-4, 5.09 ERA) has been a common nemesis. The right-hander has won seven straight decisions against Cincinnati, including his last five starts.

Since he joined the Dodgers in 2004, he’s 5-0 with a 1.48 ERA against the Reds.

After struggling to start the season, Arroyo (2-4, 6.08) has been brilliant in his last two starts, allowing just one run in 15 innings and striking out 14. He pitched seven shutout frames on three days’ rest against Florida in a 7-6, 10-inning win Wednesday.

He won for the first time in five starts against Los Angeles by giving up six hits in 6 2-3 innings in a 4-0 win on Aug. 7.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;_ylt=AphamAeNFnvYmpXC4kMT.RU5nYcB?gid=280519119

How can you win five games in a row, feature the ERA leaders in both leagues, play on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and only fill 80% of GABP? I can see that against the Royals or Twins but not the Indians. The Reds need to fire their entire marketing department.

The Reds use an outside marketing firm to help with their "Direct" advertising. Their "Indirect" advertising is indeed lacking though.

You know this gets as old as the 99 you complained about. The Reds win 6 in a row, so you have nothing else negative to come in here and post about. . :sleep::sleep:
Blah. At least what I post has to do with the actual team instead of bringing up the past. Where were the fans? I don't understand why Reds fans aren't bothered by this.

Blah. At least what I post has to do with the actual team instead of bringing up the past. Where were the fans? I don't understand why Reds fans aren't bothered by this.

You don't think not making it to a World Series in 99 years plays heavily on the minds of the current Cubs? Please. You know they have to be thinking about the Curse of the Cubs in the back of their minds whenever they get close. You want to keep brining up attendance, then I'll keep throwing 99 out there in all the Cubs threads. It's your choice. :sssh::p

Ryan Freel 3b

Corey Patterson cf

Ken Griffey Jr. rf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Adam Dunn lf

Joey Votto 1b

Jerry Hairston ss

Paul Bako c

Bronson Arroyo p

Love me some late night baseball...

That looks like the speed lineup. Doesn't look too bad.

That looks like the speed lineup. Doesn't look too bad.

No, that was the Big Red Machine when the bowl in the middle of the clubhouse had those little green pills. Why else did "little Joe's" elbow twitch?:D