Track the Reds (Week 8)

:lol:

Good call on Patterson and Hairston. Really worked out in your favor...

Yeah, like the guy with the .273 OBP really needs to be hitting second and the guy with the .377 OBP in the #7 spot. Yeah, that makes so much sense, regardless of what those guys did tonight.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think not making it to a World Series in 99 years plays heavily on the minds of the current Cubs? Please. You know they have to be thinking about the Curse of the Cubs in the back of their minds whenever they get close. You want to keep brining up attendance, then I'll keep throwing 99 out there in all the Cubs threads. It's your choice. :sssh::p

This is the reason why I'm starting to stay away from baseball threads on here. I asked a viable question. I made a factful statement about a team that had won five games in a row and played on a beautiful afternoon and can't fill their home park against an in-state rival. Why? And why doesn't it concern other Reds fans?

And I get 99 thrown back. It's original. That's it? 99. It has nothing to do with this team. And again, it's why I'm staying away from baseball threads. So when I compare Reds players of the past and I'm critical, I'm sure I'll get 99 thrown back at me. Or if I'm critical of Dusty Baker or GABP or anything else Reds, I'm sure I'll read 99 again. Pete Rose isn't in the HOF. Of course, I can't give an opinion either way because I'm going to read 99.

It's a pathetic answer to a baseball fan (who happens to be a Cubs fan) trying to make baseball conversation with other baseball fans.

If I were on here making rah rah Cubs threads and boasting about how they were going to win the World Series and how they were the second coming of the '27 Yankees, I would deserve any '99' you could throw at me. But I'm trying to make intelligent conversation, make valid points which never bring the Cubs into the conversation, and still have that garbage brought up.

I believe '99' is the BGP equivalent to "your momma."

I'm through with baseball threads. But rest assure, I'll be back in the Bengal threads. After all, how long has it been since the Bengals last won anything.

I'll take my baseball conversation elsewhere.

Well there goes the win streak... That is a game you should have won... When you get 5-2 leads you are supposed to win that one... Actually looks like it would have been better for the Reds for Penny to stay in...

The Dodgers pen is flat out nasty...

This is the reason why I'm starting to stay away from baseball threads on here. I asked a viable question. I made a factful statement about a team that had won five games in a row and played on a beautiful afternoon and can't fill their home park against an in-state rival. Why? And why doesn't it concern other Reds fans?

And I get 99 thrown back. It's original. That's it? 99. It has nothing to do with this team. And again, it's why I'm staying away from baseball threads. So when I compare Reds players of the past and I'm critical, I'm sure I'll get 99 thrown back at me. Or if I'm critical of Dusty Baker or GABP or anything else Reds, I'm sure I'll read 99 again. Pete Rose isn't in the HOF. Of course, I can't give an opinion either way because I'm going to read 99.

It's a pathetic answer to a baseball fan (who happens to be a Cubs fan) trying to make baseball conversation with other baseball fans.

If I were on here making rah rah Cubs threads and boasting about how they were going to win the World Series and how they were the second coming of the '27 Yankees, I would deserve any '99' you could throw at me. But I'm trying to make intelligent conversation, make valid points which never bring the Cubs into the conversation, and still have that garbage brought up.

Well stated ...

I'm through with baseball threads. But rest assure, I'll be back in the Bengal threads. After all, how long has it been since the Bengals last won anything.

You can come on here, and try to paint it anyway you want, the facts remain the same. Anytime the Reds start doing anything positive, you always come in here and start talking about the attendance or what Dusty did while with the Cubs. Everyone knows it'S coming. Anytime you, or Westsider come into the Reds thread everyone knows it's to spew as much negativity as you can. So don't try to come in here blowing smoke, act all high and mighty, and claim you're just asking a viable baseball question. And as I said earlier, if you don't think the streak of 99 years of not winning a World Series doesn't play heavily on the minds of Cubs fans, and the players themselves, you're only kidding yourself. It's just as much a viable conversation, as the Reds attendance was. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Um...99

Anytime you, or Westsider come into the Reds thread everyone knows it's to spew as much negativity as you can.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm here for the baseball discussion. If you see my views as negativity, perhaps you're just a bit too sensitive.

And as I said earlier, if you don't think the streak of 99 years of not winning a World Series doesn't play heavily on the minds of Cubs fans, and the players themselves, you're only kidding yourself.
I suspect it is heavier on the minds of the people that want to use it as an insult more than on Cubs' fans and players ... it's conversation fodder, nothing more or less.

I doubt the Cubs players give a crap about it ... they're trying to win, period.

I can only speak for myself, but I've been a Cubs fan for 25 years ... so 99 doesn't mean that much to me. I'm a baseball fan ... I enjoy the game much more than I lament my team's failings.

Given the Reds' recent history, I suspect you guys can relate to that.

It's just as much a viable conversation, as the Reds attendance was.
Scribe was talking about the here and now, not ancient history. The two aren't comparable.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Classy.