Track the Reds (Week 8)

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand all the hate for Weathers. He was their best reliever last year, and has been pretty decent this year. He did have a couple of bad outings before going on the DL, but hasn't been too bad since coming back.

I really don't understand all the hate for Weathers. He was their best reliever last year, and has been pretty decent this year. He did have a couple of bad outings before going on the DL, but hasn't been too bad since coming back.

Too inconsistent. One night he pitches great and the next he's the BP pitcher for the opposing team. (And I guess I never really liked Weathers so there's a little hate toward him :sssh:)

Age has his number. You can't do it forever.

How is the 99 years ancient history? If you don't think the players still think about it, then you must have missed all the stories and interviews leading up to, and after the year of Steve Bartram.
It's Steve Bartman, actually ... and it's all media hype. Bartman didn't cost the Cubs anything ... if Alex Gonzales doesn't boot a routine double-play ball, the Cubs might have been in the World Series.

And I seriously doubt that the Cubs players give it much thought, certainly not as much as you guys do.

You want to come in and ridicule Dusty's lineup all the time. It sounds like nothing but sourgrapres from a very frustrated Cubs fan.
I'm not frustrated at all, and it certainly isn't sour grapes. Dusty's lineup lends itself to criticism, like it or not.

It's Steve Bartman, actually ... and it's all media hype. Bartman didn't cost the Cubs anything ... if Alex Gonzales doesn't boot a routine double-play ball, the Cubs might have been in the World Series.

And I seriously doubt that the Cubs players give it much thought, certainly not as much as you guys do.

I'm not frustrated at all, and it certainly isn't sour grapes. Dusty's lineup lends itself to criticism, like it or not.

The fact also remains that every losing team Dusty has taken over he has led them to a winning season the following year.