Track the Reds (Week 8)

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours held its own. I just don't think Weathers is the guy for pressure situations...

Weathers is absolutely terrible and I cringe anytime he steps on the mound. I have no clue why they wouldn't put Coco in last night in that situation. I understand he's thrown a lot the past week but still. Weathers always gets hit around.

Weathers is absolutely terrible and I cringe anytime he steps on the mound. I have no clue why they wouldn't put Coco in last night in that situation. I understand he's thrown a lot the past week but still. Weathers always gets hit around.

I totally agree. I have said in the past that he would suffer from Stantonitus this year. You and I are in the minority on this one:thumb:

I agree that Weathers there wasn't a great choice, but no way it should have been Coco. He pitched in all 6 games last week, and needs some rest. Plus if Janish makes the play, the inning changes drastically...

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm here for the baseball discussion. If you see my views as negativity, perhaps you're just a bit too sensitive.

I suspect it is heavier on the minds of the people that want to use it as an insult more than on Cubs' fans and players ... it's conversation fodder, nothing more or less.

I doubt the Cubs players give a crap about it ... they're trying to win, period.

I can only speak for myself, but I've been a Cubs fan for 25 years ... so 99 doesn't mean that much to me. I'm a baseball fan ... I enjoy the game much more than I lament my team's failings.

Given the Reds' recent history, I suspect you guys can relate to that.

Scribe was talking about the here and now, not ancient history. The two aren't comparable.

Classy.

How is the 99 years ancient history? If you don't think the players still think about it, then you must have missed all the stories and interviews leading up to, and after the year of Steve Bartram. I'm not too sensitive about anything. You want to come in and ridicule Dusty's lineup all the time. It sounds like nothing but sourgrapres from a very frustrated Cubs fan. I didn't tell, or ask Scribe to leave. He offered/threatened on his own. I was merely offering the same advice that my dad gave me when I was an inmature kid.

I agree that Weathers there wasn't a great choice, but no way it should have been Coco. He pitched in all 6 games last week, and needs some rest. Plus if Janish makes the play, the inning changes drastically...

The rest he needs is called retirement

Dunn tied a Reds record by homering in his fifth straight game. He shares the franchise mark with Ted Kluszewski (1954), Johnny Bench (1972) and teammate Ken Griffey Jr. (2003).

Billingsley (3-5, 4.34 ERA) has allowed just two home runs in 45 2-3 innings.

The 23-year-old right-hander’s only appearance against the Reds was on May 13, 2007. He didn’t allow a hit and walked one in 1 1-3 scoreless innings of relief in a 10-5 Dodgers win.

Reds starter Matt Belisle (1-3, 7.45), who has surrendered four runs or more in three of his four starts. Belisle is 0-1 with a 12.54 ERA in one start and five relief appearances against Los Angeles. He labored through four innings against the Dodgers in his first start of the season, giving up seven runs - five earned - and 12 hits in a 9-3 loss.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;_ylt=AmQeJfak3tdjEv0z0aXKhtk5nYcB?gid=280520119

I totally agree. I have said in the past that he would suffer from Stantonitus this year. You and I are in the minority on this one:thumb:

Until the Reds find a solid set up man for Coco they will continue to lose close ball games in late innings.