What is your favorite lure?

3wishes

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of any good resources that recommends what color baits to use for murky or clear water or types of baits for cover/conditions? Right now I just pick a bait from my box and try it. Sometimes I slay fish (so I use that lure a lot) and sometimes I'm shut out.

Does anyone know of any good resources that recommends what color baits to use for murky or clear water or types of baits for cover/conditions? Right now I just pick a bait from my box and try it. Sometimes I slay fish (so I use that lure a lot) and sometimes I'm shut out.

Darker colors in stained water, lighter/natural colors in clear water, and bright/vivid colors in muddy water. That is what I personally have always went by, and I must admit, it has always done very well for me.

At night, darker colors are going to be the better bet.

Darker colors in stained water, lighter/natural colors in clear water, and bright/vivid colors in muddy water. That is what I personally have always went by, and I must admit, it has always done very well for me.

At night, darker colors are going to be the better bet.

Agree. And I always fish something with a rattle if I fish a crankbait in stained water. If it's bathtub clear, I never use a bait that makes noise. On high sky, I like sand color trick worms. My fave.

• 2 years later...

Growing up in Northern Kentucky, I've been fishing with AC Shiner lures my whole life - they're made not too far outside of Cincinnati in Okeana, OH, and I'd take an AC Shiner over a Rapala any day of the week.

Well anyway, I just watched a DVR'd episode of the latest Kentucky Afield, and I found out that the Cabin Creek popeye jigs I've been crappie fishing with for several years are made right in Nicholasville, KY. Sweet!

Growing up in Northern Kentucky, I've been fishing with AC Shiner lures my whole life - they're made not too far outside of Cincinnati in Okeana, OH, and I'd take an AC Shiner over a Rapala any day of the week.

Well anyway, I just watched a DVR'd episode of the latest Kentucky Afield, and I found out that the Cabin Creek popeye jigs I've been crappie fishing with for several years are made right in Nicholasville, KY. Sweet!

Love the Cabin Creek popeye jigs. I us em with a wax worm to catch bluegill mostly but also white Bass love em too.