What is your favorite lure?

3wishes

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After trying many different types of baits for bass over the years, I've become a staunch GRUB MAN.

Kalin Blue Pearl Salt&Pepper is my favorite

Green at Pickwick Lake, Tennessee

Blue at Cumberland

I live for the strike and the hookset and a grub provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy both. They can be worked deep or shallow, made to dive, and retrieved fast or slow.

I use my grubs with LunkerGrip 1/4 or 1/8 jig heads. The shaft is ridged like a series of cones and holds the grub tight to the jig.

I order them on the web at http://www.lunkercity.com

I like live bait. If I could only have one, it'd be a big old night crawler. Most any species of fish will eat a night crawler. A close second would be mud eels, which I haven't seen in years. Helgrammites are also good. For panfish I like crickets or wax worms. Minnows for crappie and bass. For catfish, I prefer a small live bluegill, but just about anything that's raw or stinks for catfish will work.

Almost forgot about goldfish for the really big catfish!I caught a 39,27,21 and 14 pders back in my paylake fishing days!Also like to add I caught a 30 pd drum out of Laurel this year on my salty craws!I thought I had a world record smallie!

For bass, red eyes, bluegill, crappie, and other small fish I use a bright color rooster tail size varies. For cat fish I use chicken livers and some times the occasional PB&J. Corn flake balls are also a must and you can't count out the stink bait.

I have caught everything from red-eared sunfish,bluegills,crappie,largemouth,smallmouth, striper, hybrid, and catfish on a simple salt & pepper colored soft plastic jerkbait..... while at a local pond I noticed this mammoth redeared sunfish sitting on its spawning bed right at the edge of the pond.... I had never caught one so I started wiggling that jerkbait and sure enough it attacked in defense.....

I also have a lot of luck using Mister Twister Sassy Shad, a orange,blue,and silver colored Rapala Husky Jerk, and a Rapala Jointed Minow with shad coloring.