ladiesbballcoach

UK fans what team do you hate the worse  

113 members have voted

1. 1. UK fans what team do you hate the worse

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pull for Duke. If you are a fan of the actual game of college basketball, you have to like the way that Duke plays.

I appreciate the way Duke plays(except for all the flopping they do on defense), but I just can't stand their elistist type attitude and the unabashed love they receive from some in the media. Coach K. is a great coach.............but his bully type attitude he takes with officials and anyone who questions anything Duke rubs me the wrong way.

How can you UK fans not hate Duke the most???? Has everyone just forgot about "the big shot"????

I can't stand Duke (or Puke) as call them amoung other things not allowed on here.

I just look at U.K.'s "Rivals", so U.K. does not play Duke every season (unless in the tourney) for them to be a rival. I do root against Duke in every game they play (except maybe UNC and then I hope they both lose :D).

My main ones that I consider bitter rivals and always root against are U.L., Tenn. and Fla. with I.U. also in that group.

I appreciate the way Duke plays(except for all the flopping they do on defense), but I just can't stand their elistist type attitude and the unabashed love they receive from some in the media. Coach K. is a great coach.............but his bully type attitude he takes with officials and anyone who questions anything Duke rubs me the wrong way.

:thumb: I appreciate the game of basketball and how hard and how Duke plays as well. I agree with youn 100% on Coach Kommercial. He imo definately intimidates officials and they seem to get every call, especially if the game should happen to be close down the stretch.

Why people vote for Duke....

UK has struggled with having a consistent rival through history. The SEC has been mainly UK and everyone else. Even their annual battle with UL has not taken place for the past 100+ years like many rivalries have.

I also think the demographics of our consumers have to be taken into consideration. If we are taking people from the ages of 20-35, what most remember is going to be UK's success in the 90s, the game against Duke, and Ashley Judd cheering in the stands. Not really any kind of epic battles with many teams on a consistent basis. The national trend is to dislike Duke, UK fans just have an extra cherry on top as a reason to dislike Duke. If '92 had never happend, many would still vote for Duke because they are a challenge in UK's historical perspective.