Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who do UK fans hate more?

UK fans what team do you hate the worse 113 members have voted

  1. 1. UK fans what team do you hate the worse

    • Louisville
      15%
    • Cincinnati
      0%
    • UCLA
      0%
      0
    • North Carolina
      8%
    • Indiana
      3%
    • Kansas
      0%
    • Duke
      57%
    • Tennessee
      3%
    • Florida
      5%
    • other, please list
      3%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I despise North Carolina above the others on the list as a UK fan. In general I hate Florida more, but that's as an FSU fan as well...

The number has grown. Maybe I need to start using 50%...

 

The last year and a half has been very stressful, and many Wildcat fans haven't made it back in off the ledge, and don't seem likely to return any time soon.

This thread is highly amusing to me.

I was thinking more on the lines of the team of gametime, RockPride, Jim Shue, 98NCCAlum, and newarkcatholicfan. :D :jump:

Not too high on the raider as much(less cringing than usual), but I still hate Duke the most.

It's absurd but it's clearly Duke.

 

They play about every 5 years so it makes sense???????

I pull for Duke. If you are a fan of the actual game of college basketball, you have to like the way that Duke plays.

 

I appreciate the way Duke plays(except for all the flopping they do on defense), but I just can't stand their elistist type attitude and the unabashed love they receive from some in the media. Coach K. is a great coach.............but his bully type attitude he takes with officials and anyone who questions anything Duke rubs me the wrong way.

You guys are killing my joke, here...:lol:

Duke followed closely by Florida and then U of L

How can you UK fans not hate Duke the most???? Has everyone just forgot about "the big shot"????

 

I can't stand Duke (or Puke) as call them amoung other things not allowed on here.

I just look at U.K.'s "Rivals", so U.K. does not play Duke every season (unless in the tourney) for them to be a rival. I do root against Duke in every game they play (except maybe UNC and then I hope they both lose :D).

My main ones that I consider bitter rivals and always root against are U.L., Tenn. and Fla. with I.U. also in that group.

I appreciate the way Duke plays(except for all the flopping they do on defense), but I just can't stand their elistist type attitude and the unabashed love they receive from some in the media. Coach K. is a great coach.............but his bully type attitude he takes with officials and anyone who questions anything Duke rubs me the wrong way.

 

:thumb: I appreciate the game of basketball and how hard and how Duke plays as well. I agree with youn 100% on Coach Kommercial. He imo definately intimidates officials and they seem to get every call, especially if the game should happen to be close down the stretch.

This thread is highly amusing to me.

 

And you are highly amusing to some on here as well.....................:sssh:

 

(j/k of course :D:thumb:)

Why people vote for Duke....

 

UK has struggled with having a consistent rival through history. The SEC has been mainly UK and everyone else. Even their annual battle with UL has not taken place for the past 100+ years like many rivalries have.

 

I also think the demographics of our consumers have to be taken into consideration. If we are taking people from the ages of 20-35, what most remember is going to be UK's success in the 90s, the game against Duke, and Ashley Judd cheering in the stands. Not really any kind of epic battles with many teams on a consistent basis. The national trend is to dislike Duke, UK fans just have an extra cherry on top as a reason to dislike Duke. If '92 had never happend, many would still vote for Duke because they are a challenge in UK's historical perspective.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.