Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who do UK fans hate more?

UK fans what team do you hate the worse 113 members have voted

  1. 1. UK fans what team do you hate the worse

    • Louisville
      15%
    • Cincinnati
      0%
    • UCLA
      0%
      0
    • North Carolina
      8%
    • Indiana
      3%
    • Kansas
      0%
    • Duke
      57%
    • Tennessee
      3%
    • Florida
      5%
    • other, please list
      3%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

^ You know you would be hard pressed to find a team more liked than Duke as well...maybe UNC, but that's about it.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aside from UK, I'm just a huge fan of college basketball and don't care who wins or loses as long as I'm entertained..

 

Human nature to pull for the upset though if you have no dog in the fight.

 

 

That pretty much sume it up for me, too.

Why people vote for Duke....

 

UK has struggled with having a consistent rival through history. The SEC has been mainly UK and everyone else. Even their annual battle with UL has not taken place for the past 100+ years like many rivalries have.

 

I also think the demographics of our consumers have to be taken into consideration. If we are taking people from the ages of 20-35, what most remember is going to be UK's success in the 90s, the game against Duke, and Ashley Judd cheering in the stands. Not really any kind of epic battles with many teams on a consistent basis. The national trend is to dislike Duke, UK fans just have an extra cherry on top as a reason to dislike Duke. If '92 had never happend, many would still vote for Duke because they are a challenge in UK's historical perspective.

 

 

That's right. 30 years ago the UK fan base would be hard-pressed to tell you what state Duke called home. I wonder what the answer would have been in January of 1978, when UK was on its way to an NCAA title (against Duke in the final game, of all teams).

^ You know you would be hard pressed to find a team more liked than Duke as well...maybe UNC, but that's about it.

 

Duke and UNC are both national programs. Just as the NY Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. There is going to be a general love/hate across the entire country.

 

Duke has had many "villian" type players (i.e. Laettner) that have been just as polarizing.

So, I guess I can infer from the data in this poll that the majority of UK fans are crazy? :lol:

I voted other. I dislike Billy G the most!

So, I guess I can infer from the data in this poll that the majority of UK fans are crazy? :lol:

 

Nah, they just do not acknowledge the existence of UL ;)

Duke, as an 11 year old watching the NCAA tourney, I felt like life was over when Duke defeated UK in 1992. Not to mention it was Cawoods final game as the Voice.

  • Author

I have to admit that over 50% feel Duke is the team that UK fans hate the most.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.