Are we staring straight into the face of a OSU-BC National Championship Game?

mexitucky

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see this be the year the leave out Ohio St or Boston College if they go undefeated, to send a message to these teams they can't play a cupcake schedule. Boston College actually did try to get some good out of conference opponent, but Ohio St did not even try this year.

OSU has the same plan as every other BCS power, but Washington isn't as good as usual...

Since when are they asking me for an opinion? Undefeated BCS schools get first crack. Don't seem to remember a 1 loss BCS in over any undefeated BCS. BC had zero control over ND and the ACC being down. OSU had zero control over Washington and the Big 11 being down. The 6 BCS Conferences set up this monopoly path to the pot of gold, and it's not going to change. They will get the votes, and the computer love the system requires. Simple as that...

You quoted how it WILL work. I asked how the so-called championship game SHOULD work assuming you're not going to a playoff.

You quoted how it WILL work. I asked how the so-called championship game SHOULD work assuming you're not going to a playoff.

What does what I think matter. I know the system and where the pot of gold lands. Nothing is changing. End of story...

What does what I think matter. I know the system and where the pot of gold lands. Nothing is changing. End of story...

I agree on how the system works, "the rich man does the daincin' while the poor man pays the band" so to speak.

IMO all that we can hope for is a plus one format/game where they take the #1 and #4 and #2 and#3 in two BCS bowls, have the winners play a week or so later for the National Title.

That is my take on it and I like everyone else on here have no say in the matter. ;)

BGP would shut down if one was only allowed to comment on games that "directly affect them."

Does it really make a big difference to you who plays in that game. If so then why? I root for several college teams, and enjoy watching all games. None better the Boise and OK. last year. Did it matter to me how thise teams got there or really who won the game? No. Most of the belly aching on here are from fans whosed teams have lost the opportunity to compete in the NC game and now they don't like the system. Too bad:cry:

Well so what if it happens? Who plays in the college NC game has no bearing on myself at all. Whoevers playing, I'll probably watch the game, go to sleep, get up the next morning and begin my day. I like to watch good games, so I just hope thats what it is. I don't know how many on here are directly impacted by who plays in this game, but I'd guess not many. So I will go with So what, who cares? And if you do care, why it is such a big deal for you?

It is a big deal to me, and it won't change due to the business structure of the BCS champioship series, b/c I want to see a true national champion. IF the champions of the major conferences aren't facing off then how do you know? If this was college basketball, say in '03, then UK plays Kansas. No DWade, no Carmelo. The regular season ends and then UK squares off w/ Kansas. That's what college football says right now.

I don't think we'll see either of these teams in the national championship game.

Of course we won't. But 6-3 Kentucky will win out and everyone ahead of them ( which could be quite a few teams now ) will lose and UK will play who ever they want in the national championship game, AND WIN.

Does it really make a big difference to you who plays in that game. If so then why? I root for several college teams, and enjoy watching all games. None better the Boise and OK. last year. Did it matter to me how thise teams got there or really who won the game? No. Most of the belly aching on here are from fans whosed teams have lost the opportunity to compete in the NC game and now they don't like the system. Too bad:cry:

Not most of the fans. I'm a UK and ND fan. I haven't gotten to the end of the rainbow since '88. I want to see the true best teams, not one game wonders, but the true best teams. I want to see a playoff.

Not most of the fans. I'm a UK and ND fan. I haven't gotten to the end of the rainbow since '88. I want to see the true best teams, not one game wonders, but the true best teams. I want to see a playoff.

Even in a playoff system the true best teams are not guaranteed to make it to the finals. Take the "Sweet 16", for example, do you think those are the 16 best team in the state? Or Ky football, ask the Louiville people if the 2 teams in the 6A finals are the 2 best teams in Ky? Its just another format to arrive at the same point. Yes a lot of people think it is a better system and I'm not disagreeing, but if a playoff system was in place then we'd have a thread discussing its flaws.