Trade Chad? Lewis won't say

Should the Bengals explore trading Chad?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals explore trading Chad?

• No, keep him.
    • Yes, and upgrade the defense with the value in the trade.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071023/SPT02/710230301

On ESPN's pregame show Sunday, NFL reporter Chris Mortensen said that a "prominent member of the Bengals organization recently told me that the organization does have a decision to make on Chad Johnson, that he is so passionate and proud that if they decided to discipline him for some of those antics they believe he might shut it down.

"So how he finishes the rest of the year and the Bengals finish could bring them to a crossroads discussion on whether to even trade Chad Johnson in the offseason."

Is there any truth to reports you might be looking to trade Chad Johnson?

"Did that come from anyone here?" said Lewis, who is the Bengals' "one voice," per team policy, to the media.

Told by a reporter that ESPN cited an official inside the Bengals organization, Lewis said, "Is there a source inside this organization? Not the last time I checked. I don't think there (are) any sources inside this organization."

Did ESPN talk to you?

"No."

Johnson, chased down Monday by a half-dozen reporters in the players' parking lot adjacent to Paul Brown Stadium, didn't snuff out trade talk.

"There is always truth in something," Johnson said when asked about the report.

I say if you can get some value defensively for him, trade him. Along the lines of the Portis/Bailey trade.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this ironically funny. From the article...

"Everything I've done has always been positive, it's always been fun. It's never been a me, me, me thing. It's how Chad plays the game.

And just a couple of paragraphs later.

"You know what's funny, every player - you've got 31 teams in the NFL beside us - every player, every coach loves 85," he said in reference to his jersey number. "I guarantee that. Every coach and every player would love to have 85 on their team because they know what I bring to the table."

Yep, it is never about him. :rolleyes::lol:

If they could get a good defensive player... I think they would have to trade him. I think its funny that the organization and his head coach are afraid to confront him about his actions....The Carson Palmer window is slowly closing and the organization better do something fast.

Trade him... while he still has value. Get a couple of d-linemen or o-linemen and get Chris Henry's head on straight.

Wow. As a steeler fan, I hope that's exactly what the Bengals decide to bank on. Trade Chad and hope Henry gets his head on straight. Can I vote for that?

Ha I love this stuff. I must say my fellow Cincinnati sports fans are funny to listen too. I know if things aren't going right, everyone likes to try to blame it all on one person for why their losing. In baseball it was Adam Dunn, and alot of people wanted him traded, and not in football its Chad...I know Chad said it best in his interview with Keyshawn, where were all these people who wanted him gone when they were winning? I mean not many people thought he was a problem then...Also has anyone noticed that since we haven't been winning lately, Chad hasn't taken time to worry about celebrations. But how can that be if its so true that Chad only worries about himself and not the team winning? You would think that Chad would still be worrying about doing his celebrations all the time, even though the Bengals are losing, since he doesn't care about winning like some have tried to say...

Chad Johnson produces more than mostly any other receiver in the league when he is on that football field. He gives this team an opportunity to win every week. I mean Chad Johnsons antics aren't the reason why the defense sucks, or why the offensive line cant stay healthy, or the special teams cant do anything right...

I mean I sure hope all you all dont start going back on thinking he should be traded, if the Bengals all of a sudden start winning alot of games this year, behind Chad Johnson putting up big numbers for the team in helping them win...

Ha I love this stuff. I must say my fellow Cincinnati sports fans are funny to listen too. I know if things aren't going right, everyone likes to try to blame it all on one person for why their losing. In baseball it was Adam Dunn, and alot of people wanted him traded, and not in football its Chad...I know Chad said it best in his interview with Keyshawn, where were all these people who wanted him gone when they were winning? I mean not many people thought he was a problem then...Also has anyone noticed that since we haven't been winning lately, Chad hasn't taken time to worry about celebrations. But how can that be if its so true that Chad only worries about himself and not the team winning? You would think that Chad would still be worrying about doing his celebrations all the time, even though the Bengals are losing, since he doesn't care about winning like some have tried to say...

Chad Johnson produces more than mostly any other receiver in the league when he is on that football field. He gives this team an opportunity to win every week. I mean Chad Johnsons antics aren't the reason why the defense sucks, or why the offensive line cant stay healthy, or the special teams cant do anything right...

I mean I sure hope all you all dont start going back on thinking he should be traded, if the Bengals all of a sudden start winning alot of games this year, behind Chad Johnson putting up big numbers for the team in helping them win...

It's also hard to celebrate when you don't get in the end zone. Maybe, just maybe that's why he's cooled on the celebrations.