Chiefs 27 Bengals 20

I'm saying this D is about 8 people away from being average. Saying he was a bad pick at a bad time alludes to them being 1 impact player away....not even close.

I think 6 games in to judge him a bad pick is, well, a typical Cincinnati fan thing to do.

Have you watched him play this year?

This team needed a LB.... JJ and Deltha were in the secondary.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm saying this D is about 8 people away from being average. Saying he was a bad pick at a bad time alludes to them being 1 impact player away....not even close.

I think 6 games in to judge him a bad pick is, well, a typical Cincinnati fan thing to do.

Which would be a cute little response if my feelings on him were not based on watching him a ton at UM. As I have said to you numerous times, he's a decent tackler and has good technique, but simply can not turn and run with elite WRs. I watched it time and again at UM when he played above typical Big 11 WR talent.

Because they need so much help, it's OK to dismiss a bad pick? Do the "scouts" even watch these players in season or do they watch a few highlight tapes and take what they see in the combine? It's a problem, and a big part of the reason why they need 8 or more guys to fix the D in year 5...

Which would be a cute little response if my feelings on him were not based on watching him a ton at UM. As I have said to you numerous times, he's a decent tackler and has good technique, but simply can not turn and run with elite WRs. I watched it time and again at UM when he played above typical Big 11 WR talent.

Because they need so much help, it's OK to dismiss a bad pick? Do the "scouts" even watch these players in season or do they watch a few highlight tapes and take what they see in the combine? It's a problem, and a big part of the reason why they need 8 or more guys to fix the D in year 5...

So 6 games in he's a bust? Are you going on record as saying that?

You know, a lot of people had Hall ranked that high.

So 6 games in he's a bust? Are you going on record as saying that?

You know, a lot of people had Hall ranked that high.

I'm sure he can stick in the NFL for a while and have a decent career. I just didn't see him as a !st round pick, and his skill set is already showing that. I hope he does get it figured out, but it's the reverse situation given his skill set and position in regards to late bloomers...

Ramblings....

If anything the Bengals need help in the personnel department.

Far too often the Bengals are picking players out of big time programs that may only excel because of who they are surrounded by, and quite simply by teams they see on TV.

Case in point Frostee Rucker-USC.

Keiwan Ratliff-UF...great choice there, already cut.

Leon Hall-Mich...still early but he has ben getting burnt often.

Has anyone seen Robert Geathers?

Damata Peko---the Red Fox?

Should Bengals have backed up cart to Steinbach instead of Levi Jones?

Did Jerry Porter steal Levi's mojo, in Vegas?

Is there any other player on Bengals defense that you keep waiting for great things to happen from on the field and they continue to disappoint...kind of like Chinese food...pretty good but always want more...that guy is Madieu Williams.

Hey Dexter, keep woofing...oh your down two scores, but you hit LJ.

I feel bad for #85, because he is going to take a lot of abuse, but he has brought all of this upon himself. He flat quit on the one Palmer pass, because he knew he was going to get hit...CP was going to give him another lashing, but Reggie Kelly held him back.

#84 is best receiver on the team...

What is becoming crystal clear and much of it was covered up by winning, but Marvin Lewis is not particularly good at managing a gme and certainly time, and when to and not to use challenges.

Special teams...clearly shows the lack of depth on this team.

I know Allen is a good pass rusher but shouldn't a 40 million dollar T be able to at least contain the guy? Allen treated Jones like a Jack and Coke, and the helmetless sack celebration was so WWE. I don't know what to think at this time, you know you are in a bad situation when Geathers is playing LB, he hasn't even been above average with his hand in the dirt. Bengals now 1 for the last 7, one thing is certain, 22, 84's and this team is a serious contender. I think I may be following Cshs, I'm not going to waste my money on that type of product, I can see me hitting EBay with some tickets in the near future, I expect much more but it appears we could be in for a very long season, not a tough schedule down the stretch but with today's effort, no game will be a gimme. To boot Marvin said they actually played like a team during the 2nd half, I know he's off crutches but is he still on pain meds?

Where is everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) that was saying I was crazy in July when I said this team was bad? I was all but tarred and feathered on this site by many for having the audacity to say they were, at best, a 7 win team. Hmm?

They are flat out horrible. Heck, I said in early August they had the worst linebacking corps in the NFL and that was with them all healthy. They are embarrassing.