Trinity Radio Call....

Riverside 157

I happened to catch the second half of the Trinity vs. BG game on the Trinity radio network and I'm not sure I have ever heard such wining and crying for holding calls..... Seriously, guys give it a rest. Your not going to get EVERY CALL. EVEN at Home...... Just really got tired of hearing about all the "missed" holding calls and not the play.....

Anyone else have a similar perspective???

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to catch the second half of the Trinity vs. BG game on the Trinity radio network and I'm not sure I have ever heard such wining and crying for holding calls..... Seriously, guys give it a rest. Your not going to get EVERY CALL. EVEN at Home...... Just really got tired of hearing about all the "missed" holding calls and not the play.....

Yes, the Homers that call X games. LOL

Yes, the Homers that call X games. LOL

Well, that was a batting practice fastball right in your wheelhouse LOL.

I didn't listen to the broadcast, but I saw what XgradROCKdad saw. The officials threw a flag for holding & I was thinking "how was that one any different than the last 10 alleged non-holds??"

Calls will be missed, just like the ones last week in X's home opener. Be that as it may, the announcers on the radio calls it like they see it, along with all the fans. This is a good service to the public and if the public doesn't like it, they can change the channel.

I'd be willing to be if you watched the same game the radio guys did, you'd reconsider your comments and be asking the same questions.

I'd be willing to be if you watched the same game the radio guys did, you'd reconsider your comments and be asking the same questions.

That's why I asked when I did....it seemed to be a tremendous point of contention, and it seemed as if everyone noticed it as well....all in all, it was a good win, so oh blah dee.

Do you listen to all Trinity Games? Have you had issues before? Other than the whining you pointed out, did you think the guys were comprehensive?

There were several calls that were missed tonight - but the Zebras did a good job. Holding was apparent on a many plays and wasn't called. When the entire home side of the stands in unison shouts "Holding" it is pretty obvious the call was missed.

Overall game was officiated fairly for both sides

It's always part of the game! HOLDING!!! I have a level head when we are in the heat of battle, BUT! There was a lot of holding callls when T was bull rushing that was not called! Call it whinninig but seeeing is seeing! Anyway! Great game! Great athosphere, and a great time! GO ROCKS! Purples you were tough! Good luck the rest of the year!

It was just hard to understand what happened on the play b/c 3 or 4 plays they were focussed on the non holding calls. I am OK with some complaining but do it after the play so we can hear what is going on.

Sounded like a good high school game.

Evidently there was alot of holding going on. Take a look at the picture on page c-7 in this morning Courier. There are 2 holds in that one picture It shows a Trinity player with a BG jersey in his hand and a BG player with a Trinity jersey in his hand. How funny is that?

It was just hard to understand what happened on the play b/c 3 or 4 plays they were focussed on the non holding calls. I am OK with some complaining but do it after the play so we can hear what is going on.

Sounded like a good high school game.

Agree Tiger, they got a little too excited with "no calls" and forgot to tell the listeners what happened. On one play BG dropped back to pass...."OMG, look at the hold, no call, unbelieveable..." 10 seconds later, "the pass was batted down at the line of scrimmage." You'd thought BG scored or something the way the announcers went crazy.