Pikeville 34 Ashland 21

Farva

Pikeville looked much better tonight than their first performance, cutting down on the turnovers, and the silly penalties. Very strong performances from both the offense and defense for Pikeville tonight as they showed themselves to be better in the speed positions as well as in the trenches. The Pikeville defense loosened late in the game with a little help from the officials with some well timed questionable calls.

Tim Honaker was definitely the player of the game for Pikeville as the Senior QB threw for 1 Touchdown and then ran for 260 yards and 3 more TD's!

Overall very strong performance for the Pikeville Panthers to go up to Ashland in Putnam Stadium and put up a performance like this. Pikeville moves to 2-0, Ashland drops to 0-2. Way to go guys!:ylsuper:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good quality win for Pikeville!

As for Ashland, 0-2 this year, with both games being on their homefield, and both games being losses for the 5A Tomcats vs. 1A teams.

Ashland lost 22-24 to graduation last year. I figured it would be a long year for the Tomcats. The Tomcats are a young team, and I know Coach Hart will have them playing better as the year continues. Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Good luck the rest of the year.

Ashland lost 22-24 to graduation last year. I figured it would be a long year for the Tomcats. The Tomcats are a young team, and I know Coach Hart will have them playing better as the year continues. Congrats to Pikeville on the win. Good luck the rest of the year.

:thumb: :thumb:

Dicky Martin had us cracking up on the way home from the Russell game. He is such a great play by play man. He has a way of making you laugh when your team is loosing. He stated" The Tomcats paid money to have Raceland and Pikeville come here and give them a rear end whipping". EDITED FOR CONTENT. I'm not exactly sure what he ment by that but it sure was funny. Thanks Dicky we love listening to your play by play each week you are the best.

Congratulations to Pikeville on a great win. The Tomcats will come back you can bet on it.

I don't know about that. I believe that they had about 12 penalties and 3-4 of them were for late hits out of bounds. That many still seem silly to me.

Last week Pikeville had a lot of delay of game penalties and the like, this week not so much. There were still penalties, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say if the game weren't at Putnam Stadium many of those calls wouldn't have been made.

Im surprised by this score. I really thought the Tomcats could right the ship and get a W against Pikeville. Pikeville is a tough team thats going to cause alot of problems for teams so this is nothing to hang your head about.

:thumb: :thumb: I have heard and read on here about Ashland losing to 2 class A schools and some people think that then sky is falling in Ashland. Ashland has lost to two very good class A schools and programs. Tomcats will improve and will be fine.............mark it down.

:thumb: :thumb: I have heard and read on here about Ashland losing to 2 class A schools and some people think that then sky is falling in Ashland. Ashland has lost to two very good class A schools and programs. Tomcats will improve and will be fine.............mark it down.

In many cases we are just saying how good those class 1-A teams are. Ashland will rebound.