Leona Helmsley Leaves $12M for Pet Dog

Wireman

Well who gets the dog after all of this, and I wonder if something happens to the dog will the grandkids get the money. I sure hope the dog makes out a will!!
Her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, also received $10 mm and will be the trustee for the dog's money. I would imagine that the brother gets anything left over.

I can't believe that the grandkids aren't fighting this. Giving money to an animal is usually a weak spot in a will.

Her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, also received $10 mm and will be the trustee for the dog's money. I would imagine that the brother gets anything left over.

I can't believe that the grandkids aren't fighting this. Giving money to an animal is usually a weak spot in a will.

It's only two of her grandkids and they still have intersts in the family business. I read somewhere that she said they know why they were left off. At the end of the will it said something along the lines of, anyone who tries to fight this shall be considered deceased before me and they are no longer part of the will and some of the other family money. Two of the grandkids that were left money have to visit their father's grave area at least once per calender year or they can't have their trust fund. Weird.

Here's the article:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08292007/news/regionalnews/heir_of_the_dog__leona_wills_1.htm

All the first sentence had to say, was Leona....I knew the rest, would be crazy.

:laugh: Crazy? I would say Complete Nonsense!

You have to visit your father's grave once a year or you don't get $5 Mil?!!

I want my mausoleum steam cleaned at least once a year.

My God, she could have left us a bit of the cash.