Who will win this game?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Very interesting points that you bring up VT, but in all reality it will be

Rocks by 28+. Good Luck to both teams Friday and throughout the season.

Slow down there thunder, let's not predict any blowouts just yet!

I would not be surprised to not see the game decided until late in the 4th.

I here you PR. That bus ride is a tough one. Im sure that T passing game will be at least 80%. A Rock passing game at 80% is good enough to beat 95% of the competition. Throw in the Phillips running game with all of the other loaded tallent at T, how can you not anticipate a very successful opening game? It is meant as a compliment to the program....

It would be nice for a blow out, but based on what I have read, BG's defense is very explosive. Okay, the trip for BG might be worth 7 points for the Rocks, but I'm with Peprock, a 4th quarter decision.

You must mean Bowling Green's offense is explosive because their defense gave up sustained drives to Boyle County.

I was not impressed with the Purples defense, but their offense does have some weapons.

I feel that the Trinity defense will contain Bowling Green.

Even though Trinity is likely the best team in KY this year, BG could pull off the upset. They've played VERY TOUGH against Louisville big-school competition recently, and BG does have an actual regular-season game under its belt, unlike Trinity.

I'll predict:

T 28

BG 20

The Shamrocks haven't exactly been a dynamo in their openers the last few years, plus starting an untested QB does not improve the situation. Bowling Green is in the top 5 in the state. I think it will be close. The Purples are very capable of winning, no doubt in my mind. T had better be ready. Kick-off is 8 p.m. by the way - to accommodate the out-of-town guests.

A good 5A team takes on a 6A team that is the consensus number one in Kentucky this year at the 6A team's home field. BG lost a lot of talent last year (Avery Hibbs, Stuart Hines, etc. but returns an experienced and talented QB and explosive receivers. The O line is inexperienced and the defense was nicked for 21 points by Boyle County. If Trinity has a weakness this season it has yet to be revealed in scrimmages. Already the Rocks have handily vanquished a talented team from a lower classification (Lex Cath in a scrimmage). This could be the beginning of another memorable season for the Shamrocks.

Trinity 42 Bowling Green 7

When Trinity has a good offense they are always very difficult to beat. If the QB is as good as advertised the other parts are already in order. Trinity rarely loses an opener and I think they have comeback to win the state the last 3 times they did.