Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green vs Trinity Predictions

Who will win this game? 126 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

My heart says, "Sic 'em, Purple!!" However, my thinking organ says, "Study this game film hard, guys, and LEARN from it!"

 

I want this one so bad for the guys, I can't stand it. I know that they want it. They are going to practice hard this week! But I honestly think that Trinity takes this one in a game finally decided in the fourth qtr.

 

I'm going to take this opportunity to remind folks that many predicted a complete meltdown two years ago (some experts said by as bad as 56-0) at the hands of X, and I predicted a tight ball game. Last year, the Purples had so many injuries and, on paper, had no business being on the same field with X. The Purples played with a ton of heart and still made it tight.

 

I don't think that the Purples will embarrass themselves this year either. I think that they will play with a tremendous amount of heart, and I think that all of the paying customers will get their money's worth...and then some! I think that we will all witness a great ball game. The Purples are no longer a one-dimensional offense, and the defense was very un-Purple like in the first half of the Boyle Co game...something that will be worked on in practice this week for sure.

 

The Purples will lose a tight one. However, if the guys leave it all on the field and can get up the following morning, look in the mirror, and KNOW that they gave it their best shot, I will still be proud of my boys (which is to say, the whole roster!). Best of luck to both teams Friday!:thumb: :thumb: :D

 

Hey Getslow, will Mrs PH and I get to finally meet you too? Just look for the 1976 vintage gold BGHS jersey #57 in the wheelchair! Hope to get to meet a bunch of our Trinity friends too!:D

 

 

Hey PH, hope all is going well for you. Does Roy Beard have a son on this year's team? If so, what number?

 

Good luck against Trinity, but you'll have to include me in the group of folks that think Trinity wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns.

 

Take care.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Gosh it gets old hearing the purple faithful talk about dominating the publics but getting waxed in the state finals by the privates. As best that I can tell BG has every advantage a private school has plus the bonus that warren county has no private high school to draw players from BG's county wide draw. Owensboro looses players to Ocath. Louisville publics loose players to Trinity and X. Lexington publics loose players to Lexcath and Lexchristian. Highlands to Newcath and Beechwood, Dixie and BooneCo. all have residents playing for CovCath. In Warren co. for just 165 to 175$ per year your son or daughter can choose to not attend your county school and go out of district to become a purple. Traditionally over 60 percent of BG's players are from out of district. How competitive would BG be without out of district players? My guess is not very. So please stop with the private /public whining and continue to compete as best you can against the best private and public competition in the state. Now that I have that off my chest after watching BG give up 390 yards to Boyle Co, I predict Trinity will win by at least 21 points. I did really like BG's new passing attack but I think that may go up in smoke as well if Trinity can put some pressure on BG's quarterback. MY prediction Trinity 28 BG 7.

Wow, I hear ya JBCKy. There really hasn't been that much pressure the last few weeks from the T - DL, but I'm guessing Bean will cut them loose on BG. So, if what you saying is correct, BG's QB will see a different look this Friday. GO ROCKS

JBCKy...where in the world did you get that 60 percent of our players come from out of district? For your information, Bowling Green Ind. Schools and Warren Co. schools reached an agreement whereby only a certain amount of students (not athletes) can go to city schools each year...there is a cap because Warren Co. schools was loosing Federal Funding, and Bowling Green Ind. voluntarily agreed to the cap.

Also, you have to realize that if you are in a sport, you can not play in the sport if you are moving for illigitimate reasons and legitimate change of address.

I am still laughing at your 60 percent of players are out of district. We know several of the families and they do not live out of district!!!

I don't think that we can rely on our secondary to shore up our defense....the front six will have to win that side of the ball for us to win this game.

  • Author
I don't think that we can rely on our secondary to shore up our defense....the front six will have to win that side of the ball for us to win this game.

Probably so, but if you're including the DE's as part of that front six, you may have to re-figure. The DE's alot of times are covering the wide outs. Should be a good first game test...

So far it looks to me that most of the people predicting Trinity will blow Bowling Green out are not Trinity fans. Interesting.

The Tigers do not usually have the offensive fire-power Trinity has. The Rocks have averaged 44 points a game since Mr. Beatty took over.

 

 

By my count, you've averaged 41 points under Beatty, while, the Tigers have averaged 33 during the same time. I'm surprised the difference isn't more.

Trinity 28

BG 6

Lots of THS optimism... and I hope the team will get to that level as the season goes on. Many ?marks, and while the outlook is bright, I do not see any kind of blowout here. I do not see the scoring average being 40+ pts a game this year either. Defense will be the key - I'll say 20-10 Rocks.

Hey PH, hope all is going well for you. Does Roy Beard have a son on this year's team? If so, what number?

 

Good luck against Trinity, but you'll have to include me in the group of folks that think Trinity wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns.

 

Take care.

 

 

PH is busy right now, so he wanted me to answer this for you!

 

Yes he does. It is his youngest son, Austin. Austin is a senior OL and wears #72. His cousin (Doug's second son), Jay, is a starting soph DB. He wears #9 (Doug wore this number in his playing days, and Jay's older brother Ryan started wearing 9 in his soph year. Now that Ryan is graduated, Jay is wearing #9!)

 

PH is doing alright except for those pressure sore hurting so badly. He was to have a surgery this Thurs to get the stint out and see what kind of damage the kidney stone did, however, he has an infection and the surgery has been put off until next Thurs....he is happy because he was determined to go to this game whether or not he had had surgery! No stopping him!!!;)

PH is busy right now, so he wanted me to answer this for you!

 

Yes he does. It is his youngest son, Austin. Austin is a senior OL and wears #72. His cousin (Doug's second son), Jay, is a starting soph DB. He wears #9 (Doug wore this number in his playing days, and Jay's older brother Ryan started wearing 9 in his soph year. Now that Ryan is graduated, Jay is wearing #9!)

 

PH is doing alright except for those pressure sore hurting so badly. He was to have a surgery this Thurs to get the stint out and see what kind of damage the kidney stone did, however, he has an infection and the surgery has been put off until next Thurs....he is happy because he was determined to go to this game whether or not he had had surgery! No stopping him!!!;)

 

Tell PH I hope the infection clears up and the surgery goes well. We're thinking of him. Glad he can go to the game.

 

That's cool about Doug's sons getting to wear his number. Both of my boys wore/are wearing no. 62. Unfortunately, I wore 63, but I'm really proud and glad my younger son wanted to wear the same number his older brother wore.

 

Take care and keep us posted about PH.

JBCKy...where in the world did you get that 60 percent of our players come from out of district? For your information, Bowling Green Ind. Schools and Warren Co. schools reached an agreement whereby only a certain amount of students (not athletes) can go to city schools each year...there is a cap because Warren Co. schools was loosing Federal Funding, and Bowling Green Ind. voluntarily agreed to the cap.

Also, you have to realize that if you are in a sport, you can not play in the sport if you are moving for illigitimate reasons and legitimate change of address.

I am still laughing at your 60 percent of players are out of district. We know several of the families and they do not live out of district!!!

Mrs. Haze I based my percentage on a Warren County education forum that occured several years ago when the county discussed limiting the amount of county students that they would send the matching state funds (approximately 3100$ per student) with the student if they decided to attend BGHS if they did not physically move into the city . At that meeting someone stated an exact number (somewhere around 50 out of 80) of BGHS football team lived in the county districts. As you stated the city and county mutually agreed on a certain number of students per year that could attend BGHS and the county would send the matching funds. I confess I do not know the exact number that are currently not living in the city school limits. Here are a few that I do know of (Steelman, Beard, Hughes , Howard, Smith, Williams,Sowell, Jackson, Sears,Austin Beard, Yates, Vanmeter,Wallace, Kafogalis. The only person I know in district is anderson but I'm sure there are several others in both categories. This is all perfectly legal according to the KHSAA and I'm just saying enjoy the advantage that you have. I actually really enjoy watching good football and that means Purples football. By the way your entire potential State Champion first five golf team members (Blann, Beard , Jaska , Kirby , and Fleenor)are out of district as well. Goodluck against TRINITY.

A number of comments have already been made about Bowling Green's performance against St. X. the past two years in the Raffertys' Bowl and a previous victorious game against Bob Redman's Male team in Bowling Green. For this game against Trinity in Louisville, throw that out the window. The game is being played in Louisville and not in Bowling Green, so look at the Purples performance in the Louisville State Finals for the past two years...they have been annihilated by two teams who were not near as good as this Rock team.

 

I'm sorry about this PurpleHaze, but Trinity could name the score in this game and I'm afraid it will be bad.... Trinity 48 - Bowling Green 14. :cool:

Trinity should handle BG to about the tune of 42-20. But for the record, BG also handled Bob Redmons Male team in Louisville. They also handled Ballard and Butler in Louisville in recent memory. The only time they've lost to a Louisville school in Louisville was to Waggener in '98.

Gosh it gets old hearing the purple faithful talk about dominating the publics but getting waxed in the state finals by the privates. As best that I can tell BG has every advantage a private school has plus the bonus that warren county has no private high school to draw players from BG's county wide draw. Owensboro looses players to Ocath. Louisville publics loose players to Trinity and X. Lexington publics loose players to Lexcath and Lexchristian. Highlands to Newcath and Beechwood, Dixie and BooneCo. all have residents playing for CovCath. In Warren co. for just 165 to 175$ per year your son or daughter can choose to not attend your county school and go out of district to become a purple. Traditionally over 60 percent of BG's players are from out of district. How competitive would BG be without out of district players? My guess is not very. So please stop with the private /public whining and continue to compete as best you can against the best private and public competition in the state. Now that I have that off my chest after watching BG give up 390 yards to Boyle Co, I predict Trinity will win by at least 21 points. I did really like BG's new passing attack but I think that may go up in smoke as well if Trinity can put some pressure on BG's quarterback. MY prediction Trinity 28 BG 7.

 

 

Wow, a tongue in cheek statement and now we have this. Well, to be technical, I too myself was an out of district student whose parents paid the money for me to attend BGHS, but unfortunately I was not an athlete or a distinguished scholar(2.7 GPA), I just wanted to go to the same school as all of my friends and the school I thought was the best in BG. I always thought it was funny that on any street within the "city limits" some kids went to Warren Central others to BGHS. Greenwood opened my junior year in high school and from what I understand they have the largest enrollment of all Warren County schools. I guess in some aspects BG is like a private school, but until we beat a school that is known as a private school(LexCath, Trinity, CovCath, St. X) I will say the same thing. I really was just referring to the fact that we haven't lost to a public school in a couple of years I believe. I didn't realize I opened up a can of worms. Good luck to the golf team nonetheless.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.