Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green vs Trinity Predictions

Who will win this game? 126 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't know where else to put this, and I didn't feel like starting a whole new thread, so I'll say it here. This Friday night, I'll be attending my very first Trinity Shamrocks football game! :ylsuper:

 

It was originally going to be a surprise for the PH's; but I -- being horrible at keeping my own secrets -- spilled the beans. The plus side to this, is that now I can tell everyone about it. Maybe some of you BGPers who don't have anything else to do can stop by the game and say hello. You certainly won't have any problem spotting either PH or me! :cool:

 

I hope to get to meet as many of the fine Trinity folks, and other BGP family members as possible. I know Guru, and (very likely) Swamprat will be there. And I'm sort of hoping Rockmom and PepRock will be there as well. ;)

 

 

GO ROCKS! ----- Oh, and GO PURPLES too! ;)

  • Replies 105
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the team who beat Shaun was the best ever, or Brohms JR year... now this team? How many best ever's do you guys have lol.

Wow, a tongue in cheek statement and now we have this. Well, to be technical, I too myself was an out of district student whose parents paid the money for me to attend BGHS, but unfortunately I was not an athlete or a distinguished scholar(2.7 GPA), I just wanted to go to the same school as all of my friends and the school I thought was the best in BG. I always thought it was funny that on any street within the "city limits" some kids went to Warren Central others to BGHS. Greenwood opened my junior year in high school and from what I understand they have the largest enrollment of all Warren County schools. I guess in some aspects BG is like a private school, but until we beat a school that is known as a private school(LexCath, Trinity, CovCath, St. X) I will say the same thing. I really was just referring to the fact that we haven't lost to a public school in a couple of years I believe. I didn't realize I opened up a can of worms. Good luck to the golf team nonetheless.

 

Thank you,92!! I wish that we could have met at The Rafferty's Bowl, but Homecoming Night is 7 Sep against North Hardin...c'mon home! We always sit where the players come onto the field from the Fieldhouse, so you can't miss us...plus I have a tradition at home (and visiting ball games if the locals don't have a problem with it) where I welcome the team on and off the field. We sure hope you can be there!:D

Tell PH I hope the infection clears up and the surgery goes well. We're thinking of him. Glad he can go to the game.

 

That's cool about Doug's sons getting to wear his number. Both of my boys wore/are wearing no. 62. Unfortunately, I wore 63, but I'm really proud and glad my younger son wanted to wear the same number his older brother wore.

 

Take care and keep us posted about PH.

 

Thanx a bunch, leatherneck...I know it comes from the heart from both you and Henry! I have a program with your name on it...just let me know! In the photo where I present the seniors, Austin is kneeling beside me, and Jay will have the same position in two years! (My presentation of the Senior Class has become a big deal at BGHS...I had current Assistant Coach Tyson Steelman in my first one in 2002, and I had the pleasure to present his little brother Trent this year!)

 

Anyway, thanx again for the well wishes. But don't worry...there's a reason why they call me Bulldog...!:lol: :D

A number of comments have already been made about Bowling Green's performance against St. X. the past two years in the Raffertys' Bowl and a previous victorious game against Bob Redman's Male team in Bowling Green. For this game against Trinity in Louisville, throw that out the window. The game is being played in Louisville and not in Bowling Green, so look at the Purples performance in the Louisville State Finals for the past two years...they have been annihilated by two teams who were not near as good as this Rock team.

 

I'm sorry about this PurpleHaze, but Trinity could name the score in this game and I'm afraid it will be bad.... Trinity 48 - Bowling Green 14. :cool:

 

No problem, Ox...we're still pals! That's the great thing about us: we can have divergent opinions and give reasons to back them up, then still respect each other!:thumb: Fortunately, those instances are very few and far between, as we usually see eye to eye. Just not on this one!:cool:

 

By the way, the year before we beat Male at Donaldson Stadium, we beat an even better Male team at KFEC Cardinal Stadium on our way to 15-0.:banana: :banana:

 

At least I'll be able to go to the game Friday!:D

I don't know where else to put this, and I didn't feel like starting a whole new thread, so I'll say it here. This Friday night, I'll be attending my very first Trinity Shamrocks football game! :ylsuper:

 

It was originally going to be a surprise for the PH's; but I -- being horrible at keeping my own secrets -- spilled the beans. The plus side to this, is that now I can tell everyone about it. Maybe some of you BGPers who don't have anything else to do can stop by the game and say hello. You certainly won't have any problem spotting either PH or me! :cool:

 

I hope to get to meet as many of the fine Trinity folks, and other BGP family members as possible. I know Guru, and (very likely) Swamprat will be there. And I'm sort of hoping Rockmom and PepRock will be there as well. ;)

 

 

GO ROCKS! ----- Oh, and GO PURPLES too! ;)

 

 

 

I got tired of PH hogging the computer, so, I took it away and that is when he told me that he wanted to respond to this post...so, he is now dictating...here it goes!!!

 

It will me my (PH) second Trinity game. My (PH) first one, unfortunately, I was in uniform my soph year and we got beat 26-0 at home!! (That was in 1974, and DB Jay Beard's father was also a soph that year.) Very much looking forward to seeing you there (PH, however, me also!), along with Guru and a large supporting cast! :D

 

Now it is me, I am glad that you spilled the beans!!! I hope a lot of people are there!!! It was indeed a surprise to know that you are going!:banana:

I thought the team who beat Shaun was the best ever, or Brohms JR year... now this team? How many best ever's do you guys have lol.

 

Don't recall many who would put the 1994 team as the best ever, well except maybe Rockpride, but he is a bit biased. :D

By my count, you've averaged 41 points under Beatty, while, the Tigers have averaged 33 during the same time. I'm surprised the difference isn't more.

 

Right you are, I should have quoted myself sooner :thumb:

 

From the 2007 Trinity Football Game Program:

 

"From 2000-06, Trinity has scored an average of more than 41 points per game and allowed less than 13 points per contest. The Shamrocks were last held scoreless in October 1998 (119 games). Trinity’s record for 2000-06 was 89-12 and included 30 games won and two lost in playoff competition."

 

28 point margin of victory is the reason certain schools refuse to contact the Rocks about playing. Kudos to Bowling Green. I understand Coach Wallace promised his son he'd play against Trinity before his eligibilty expired at BGHS. This second meeting between the schools should be interesting. Happy to know BGHS is an independent school.....I believe Wilson Sears was a coach there back in the day....

Don't recall many who would put the 1994 team as the best ever, well except maybe Rockpride, but he is a bit biased. :D

I never said we were the best....I just said that we sent around 12 guys D-1 or D-1AA

Slow down there thunder, let's not predict any blowouts just yet!

 

I would not be surprised to not see the game decided until late in the 4th.

If Bowling Green's physicality matches what they showed in the finals last year, this game will be decided Very early. Trinity will dominate in the trenches.

  • Author
So far it looks to me that most of the people predicting Trinity will blow Bowling Green out are not Trinity fans. Interesting.

Didn't you know, T folks are humble....

I look for a Trinity win, but I don't expect a runaway. Trinity always starts slowly when they are replacing either the receivers or the quarterback. Will Stein will be fine as the season goes on, but right now he is still a little slow going through his receivers. I think you will see a little more ball control from Trinity this year. In the two scrimmages I have noticed that Tim Phillips has improved in two areas. He is stronger this year. He can run through some tackles. He has also become a much better blocker. That is really important to Trinity's passing game. I'm looking forward to the start of another football season and number 18.

I also do not think this game will be a blowout. As some of you have stated, we start out slow. Should be a good game.

 

GO ROCKS !!!

I also do not think this game will be a blowout. As some of you have stated, we start out slow. Should be a good game.

 

GO ROCKS !!!

 

I think once we get over the first game jitters we will be fine. GO ROCKS!!!

Do any ROCK fans know who has won the second string quarterback position backing up Will, or is it still up for grabs? Thanks.

 

It's Cameron Smyth. He is also playing some at wideout.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.