Leaving A "Comfort Zone" Job

gametime

For the entire length of my 6 year sports broadcasting career I have worked in local big market music radio to fund all of the work I needed to do for free to build my sports resume. I always hated the job on the surface, but in the end this is a business of relationships built along the way, and I knew there was a good chance that hanging around and working hard was the right thing to do long term.

So to make a long story short. :D When I got home from the honeymoon I learned the person that gave me my first job in the business at said company I'm leaving was hired as the Director of the area I'm best suited for at a dream job for me. I called, got an interview, got the offer and turned in my resignation at the old job in a very quick fashion.

Tonight was my last night, and it reminded me why I kept a job I didn't really want for no other reason than the people I worked with were top notch. For a long time I took that for granted because I was doing work that didn't directly fit in to my long term plan. As it turns out it was a much larger part of the process than I could have ever imagined at 22.

I guess I'm just a bit surprised at how much I'm missing the job I never wanted. Sorry for rambling. Carry on... :lol:

It's never easy, leaving a job and all the ups's/downs. Any time someone pursues their dreams, they're making memories along the way.

Your memories will be better, as time goes by. I hope the new job, exceeds your expectations and your sports career, continues to escalate.

Best of luck my friend.

It is always tough when changing jobs. Most people don't like change. Your change sounds like your dream come true. When you are able to work in a job that you really enjoy it no longer becomes just a job. It is great that things worked out for you, hard work and determination always pay off. Best of luck in your new line of work.:thumb:

Thanks guys. I am staying local and the details of what I will be doing are still being worked out. Exciting times ahead...

Does this mean you'll have more "sources"? :lol:

Congratulations:thumb: