Shooting in Fort Thomas

Gunner11

I agree with his assessment of the facts presented and questioning of whether "proper procedure" was sufficient.
My argument with him was he said they made a mistake, which they didn't, they followed procedure. I'm not arguing with the rest of it with the exception that I don't think people should be second guessing the police when they don't know the facts of the case or the letter of the law as the police do.

Also, cshs81, I didn't intend to sound as I was trying to slam you or single you out, it's just that this whole thing is getting way out of hand in the public in my opinion. It just gets to the point where one wants to pull their hair out when most of what's being said is based on hearsay and partial truths. Some things are just flat out guesses and opinions of what they think happened.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, cshs81, I didn't intend to sound as I was trying to slam you or single you out, it's just that this whole thing is getting way out of hand in the public in my opinion.

My backside is way too thick to have anything bother me as long as its not personal.

The police officer , if suspicious but in his/her mind lacking probable cause, can simply ask the obvious question: Mind if I take a look inside so that I can make sure everything is OK?

While we do not know if it was asked or not and its dangerous to assume, I'll assume anyway that from what we've read, its highly unlikely that was asked.

As an outsider to this, it sounds like the Mary Winkler defense has already kicked into high gear.

I'd say Francine Hughes is probably where this will go.

Winkler , from what I gather, never used self-defense or battered wife syndrome.

I'd say Francine Hughes is probably where this will go.

Winkler , from what I gather, never used self-defense or battered wife syndrome.

She claimed she was the victim of physical abuse and mental abuse because her husband wanted to play sex games and the like.

It very much depends on the situation. Since none of us have the full details, I refuse to keep speculating at this point.

Just showing that the location of the victim and/or offender at the time of police arrival does not mean the police have no right to investigate.

I have no idea. But think of the can of worms you're opening for Police if that is policy.

If I didn't like my neighbor, I could just call the police everytime they got on their nerves, and make something up. which would then involve the police coming and butting in their lives completely unsubstantiated.

I think if someone calls 911 because of suspected domestic abuse/violence that the police would speak to the people who made the call.

Wouldn't the police respond to where the call originated?

Yes, some people do abuse the 911 system for their own personal vendettas. That is rare and I would think that the first time someone calls 911 on their neighbor the police would investigate it as valid and just not reject it as a nuisance call.

More from today's Enquirer:

'Perfect' family setting undone: McCafferty death shatters image

FORT THOMAS - Friends and neighbors say Bob and Cheryl McCafferty seemed like the perfect couple: attractive, successful, active in the community and devoted to their children.

Because Bob McCafferty was found shot to death in his bed Monday and his wife arrested for murder, investigators have focused on life inside the McCafferty home and not their active lives in the community. While Cheryl McCafferty's sister and former brother-in-law say the victim had a hidden, abusive side, other family members and friends have risen to his defense, issuing a plea to let the legal system take its course.