Shooting in Fort Thomas

Gunner11

This promises to be very hard on our commmunity. Let's not make it worse by picking at each other here on BGP.

Unfortunately, BF, I think you're right about the FT Thomas community. Emotions will run high, stories will leak, rumors will spread, people will pick sides. Not good for any community.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, BF, I think you're right about the FT Thomas community. Emotions will run high, stories will leak, rumors will spread, people will pick sides. Not good for any community.
These things are, I'm afraid, already happening.

I, of course, do not know this family. I am truly sorry that a man's life was taken and I do so hope that God will welcome him with open arms. I am struck at how some people don't seem to care that they do this stuff in front of their children. Now these children have to live with no father and they will always have the memory of his killing. How very horrible for them.

For the life of me, I do not understand why folks feel a need to get their names in the paper and faces on TV and make remarks about the shooting without having any facts. They simply release their emotions without thinking about the children. Many of the quoted are good friends of mine.

Please do not jump to conclusions about the wife and her actions upon her husband. There are two sides to every story and this tragic event, unfortunately, definately has two sides. In due time, we will learn about the events that drove the wife to take her husband's life.

Very sad time for the children, very unfortunate set of circumstances for the wife.

Again, heeding our own words here, we do not what occured. Let the facts play out. There may not have been a choice at the time, there may have been.
That's what I've been saying all along. Sometimes people are too eager to pick a side and start throwing stones. We need to just let the justice system do its work.

It's interesting that the husband's family is supporting her and attempting to hire an attorney for her. You don't see that very often.

My observation of this is that the family is aware of things that may have gone on that the public is not. So, before anyone rushes to judgment on this, keep it in mind. Regardless, it's tragic; and the community lost a happy-go-lucky guy who had many great qualities.