Shooting in Fort Thomas

Gunner11

So her defense is self defense. She says he was trying to kill her. I know someone who golfed with him on Sunday and says he was perfectly normal. What could have happened in one night to lead to this. This whole things seems out of charachter for both of them, only based on what I've read and heard about both of them.

Very strange situation.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. This whole things seems out of charachter for both of them, only based on what I've read and heard about both of them.

Very strange situation.

Its very important to always remember the boldened words above.

Very few, even friends of the family, know what truly goes on behind closed doors.

So her defense is self defense. She says he was trying to kill her. I know someone who golfed with him on Sunday and says he was perfectly normal. What could have happened in one night to lead to this. This whole things seems out of charachter for both of them, only based on what I've read and heard about both of them.

Very strange situation.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070628/NEWS0103/306260021

It will be interesting to see how the Ft Thomas PD fares in this.

They will fare just fine, despite the extraordinary circumstances. From everything I've read, they're being extremely thorough and taking every precaution to preserve the integrity of the case.

They will fare just fine, despite the extraordinary circumstances. From everything I've read, they're being extremely thorough and taking every precaution to preserve the integrity of the case.

That would be the view from 6.25.07.

What I'm interested in is how they fare when the inevitable review of how they have handled any situation prior to that. Sunday would be one example.

That would be the view from 6.25.07.

What I'm interested in is how they fare when the inevitable review of how they have handled any situation prior to that. Sunday would be one example.

Again, that incident was handled according to well-defined procedures. I have no worries that they will have handled any other incidents just as well.

Again, that incident was handled according to well-defined procedures. I have no worries that they will have handled any other incidents just as well.

What was the condition of the husband when the police responded to the 911 call? Was he agitated? Was he injured? Was he A-OK? Was it odd that the woman met the police out on the sidewalk instead of at her door? Why did she do that?

911 calls IMO should not be waved off simply because someone meets you at the sidewalk stating everything is OK. There are all kind of scenarios that I can come up with in the "what if" category that the FTPD cannot answer because they didn't go in and check on everyone.

What was the condition of the husband when the police responded to the 911 call? Was he agitated? Was he injured? Was he A-OK? Was it odd that the woman met the police out on the sidewalk instead of at her door? Why did she do that?

911 calls IMO should not be waved off simply because someone meets you at the sidewalk stating everything is OK. There are all kind of scenarios that I can come up with in the "what if" category that the FTPD cannot answer because they didn't go in and check on everyone.

Why don't we just let things unfold before we jump to any conclusions. Between all the rumors and armchair detective work this is getting really ridiculous.

Why don't we just let things unfold before we jump to any conclusions. Between all the rumors and armchair detective work this is getting really ridiculous.

It is a fact that they showed up Sunday night and saw Cheryl and her son walking down the sidewalk. They stated everything was ok. The officer said that if they weren't in the house, there couldn't have been a problem...at that time. I think the officer did what most would've done. I too have wondered if policy will change and take away the decision of investigating or not and MAKE them investigate all domestic calls. Than again, it's one in a whatever situation in Ft. Thomas...

As for the other stuff that's being said, I don't believe any of it from either side. I'll let the facts play out...

The last half of this article is very interesting if you ask me. Close range, in the head, and he's lying in bed. Sounds very telling to me. Sounds like she was also abused and it was known throughout the family.

All I know is that I have NO stake in this claim. I'm not taking any sides and for what it's worth, I'm going to quit paying attention to this case because it is none of my business.

Just a sad, sad story.