When do you think Lexington will compete?

pld has a thing against Manual, he's on it all the time.

Nothing against Manual, just against the people who try to categorize them in even close with the "big 2" and "medium 1". I can see why you would say that though. The truth hurts. Everyone has to deal with it.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

The Lexington and NKY people see Trinity more (especially when they're playing their best ball) and I think that's part of the perception. It's also a matter of style- to a Manual fan that only watches Manual games, X is the year in year out best of the Big 3, because they're the one that the Rams can't get close to most years. Trinity would be the weakest of the Big 3 to the same person, because Manual has beaten Trinity recently and played them tough on nearly every occasion. But the reality is that in that span Trinity has been the better team and Manual just matches up better against the Rocks than the Tigers.

Yes, Lexington and NKY does see Trinity more because they seem to always win state as of late in our respective class, so its NOT PERCEPTION. How could you poss. see the team that is dominating the class in the overall decider (STATE CHAMPS) this decade as being anything but the best. They (Trinity ALONE) are the standard in the most populated high school football class in the state of KY. Even if you want to go back in the record books. When you think of 4A now 6A football in KY, Trinity pops up almost by themselves. X is notable, but they are turning the Bluegrass "GREEN".

Nothing against Manual, just against the people who try to categorize them in even close with the "big 2" and "medium 1". I can see why you would say that though. The truth hurts. Everyone has to deal with it.
...and when did westsider and RP become Manual alums? Has it ever occured to you that maybe you're wrong about that one?

Yes, Lexington and NKY does see Trinity more because they seem to always win state as of late in our respective class, so its NOT PERCEPTION. How could you poss. see the team that is dominating the class in the overall decider (STATE CHAMPS) this decade as being anything but the best. They (Trinity ALONE) are the standard in the most populated high school football class in the state of KY. Even if you want to go back in the record books. When you think of 4A now 6A football in KY, Trinity pops up almost by themselves. X is notable, but they are turning the Bluegrass "GREEN".
That's what I would call a surface understanding of football in Louisville. Even Trinity posters are saying that X and Male (And Manual and other Louisville schools to a lesser degree) are closer than you're portraying them. RP is far from falsely modest, I promise you.

That's what I would call a surface understanding of football in Louisville. Even Trinity posters are saying that X and Male (And Manual and other Louisville schools to a lesser degree) are closer than you're portraying them. RP is far from falsely modest, I promise you.

I was saying that X is close, and if you count "the overall decider (State Champs) Male is in their too, but not as close as X. I figured the thing about Manual would strike a nerve. Again, truth hurts. Manual is not even in the same sentence, though they've had "REGULAR SEASON" success against the team, I as well as everyone else, still has to put Trinity at the top. Lesser degree than Trinity! What doesn't say that about all the fans of other teams that ride the backs of the BIG 2, Medium 1? If surface is STATE TITLES and STATE CHAMPS, then call it what you want. I know that regardless of what happens during the "REGULAR SEASON", since some are dwelling on the "REGULAR SEASON SUCCESS", that there's this Magical "Day in December" that is the ultimate decider and most of the time the Trinity Shamrocks have owned that day this decade and in history as a whole.

...and when did westsider and RP become Manual alums? Has it ever occured to you that maybe you're wrong about that one?

NO, because like you said the "rest of the state" (not just the wonderful world of Louisville) see Trinity as the clearcut front-runner in football. Do you understand standard, because that's what they are. Its not Louisville high school football, its Trinity followed by Highlands, X, Male, Danville, Boyle, Beechwood, etc. sorry if I missed a few. Out of the few I missed "none and I mean none" of them are Louisville schools. That pretty much sums up KY football.

Not to be a thread jacker here BUT I have to agree with the Lexington posters here regarding Manual. I have never seen one team get more mileage out of a win then Manual has the win over Trinity in 2003. Truth be told Manual SHOULD probably have won 2 more of their games with Trinity because they definitely had better athletes BUT they got out coached late in the game. Then when Trinity did beat Manual fairly handily this year the Manual coaches decide to stop playing. Not exactly the actions of a program that wants to consider itself on the level of the elite.

Then when Trinity did beat Manual fairly handily this year the Manual coaches decide to stop playing.
:rolleyes: Sure.

You were replaced with Henderson Co and Christian Co. Equal? No. But even if Manual did end the series, which I don't think I believe, it isn't to dodge competition.

If you want to tell me that the Lexington schools are as competitive as Manual, I can live with that, on the basis that there isn't very much information to go on. However, the information that does exist, in comparing scores vs common opponets, points positivly in Manual's favor.

What I think is rediculous, is the notion that if Trinity were to fall off the face of the earth, it would be open season for the Lexington schools. They are seriously underestimating Male and StX and the other Louisville schools.

:rolleyes: Sure.

You were replaced with Henderson Co and Christian Co. Equal? No. But even if Manual did end the series, which I don't think I believe, it isn't to dodge competition.

If you want to tell me that the Lexington schools are as competitive as Manual, I can live with that, on the basis that there isn't very much information to go on. However, the information that does exist, in comparing scores vs common opponets, points positivly in Manual's favor.

What I think is rediculous, is the notion that if Trinity were to fall off the face of the earth, it would be open season for the Lexington schools. They are seriously underestimating Male and StX and the other Louisville schools.

The two catholic schools in Lou., T and X, Lexington has not been able to beat either since the late 90's. Male is competitive and star oriented yes, but they're very similar to the Lexington schools in the way they overuse their studs. I think there have been quite a few years that Male would've lost here, more so than Trinity or St. X. They've had some really good teams that would've cleaned house too, just not as many as T and X.

How does it poke holes? Since when is a victory not a victory? It really doesn't matter how you win it. You keep wanting to recieve credit for the closeness of the scores, but come on, lets be real. Trinity still wins! Lex schools have won those games before and at one point in time, Fern Creek was the best 4A school in Lou. and guess who beat them? That's right, Lexington Dunbar.
When you insist that Trinity is the only thing keeping Lexington schools from being among the state's elite, it makes perfect sense to compare scores ... bottom line, Male and St. Xavier have consistently played the Shamrocks closer than the Lexington schools have.

What information gives you the ideal that in the past three years that Manual was better than Lou. Central? I think there are quite a few that will disagree on that one.
For one thing, in each of the last two years, Manual has been rated significantly higher than Central in the Massey and Cantrall ratings.

Common opponents ... both have played Pleasure Ridge Park the last two seasons. PRP was beating Central 13-7 last season when the game was called because of inclement weather in the second quarter. Manual beat PRP 21-14 later in the season.

In 2005, PRP beat Central 33-29, then lost to Manual 42-28 later in the season. That may have been after PRP's big running back was hurt, but it's obvious that Manual was on Central's level at the very least, if not better.

In 2004, Male beat Central 23-20 and later beat Manual 24-23.

How would we know, since Dunbar backed out of playing them?:sssh:

Pay a team $1,500 for a bowl game which you can get $2,000 at the West Licker County Toilet Bowl against a team who just went 4-6, when that team is trying to get money for a Weightroom to be built. Dunbar played MBA last year and Trinity this year and has a weightroom now, I'm not listening to anything about ducking people. And if I'm not mistaken Dunbar went further in the playoffs in 05 than Male, and Male was not beaten by a Louisville power either. And Male could have played a power from Tennessee which was the replacement for Dunbar but they chose not too, so thats the pot calling the kettle black there.