Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ken Griffey JR

Featured Replies

Amen. A Griffey trade is bound to yield some slouch "prospects" anyway.

 

Your loyalty, while admirable, clouds your judgment in what's best for the Redlegs. Unless, of course, you enjoy watching Griffey play in meaningless games for a team that is out of contention by Memorial Day....

 

 

Would you not rather, as a Kid fan, see him get to experience winning? I am a big Casey fan but I completely understood the Reds getting rid of his contract. I was thrilled for him when he got to experience the WS and it was no less than had it been with the Reds.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your loyalty, while admirable, clouds your judgment in what's best for the Redlegs. Unless, of course, you enjoy watching Griffey play in meaningless games for a team that is out of contention by Memorial Day....

 

 

Would you not rather, as a Kid fan, see him get to experience winning? I am a big Casey fan but I completely understood the Reds getting rid of his contract. I was thrilled for him when he got to experience the WS and it was no less than had it been with the Reds.

 

 

I probably wouldn't go to another Reds game if they got rid of Griffey, although it makes sense for both parties. I would love to see him get a ring before he hangs it up, but being greedy, I'd like to see him hit 600 at GABP.

 

I would not even consider trading him if you aren't going to get pitching help though.

Dodgers and White Sox (he is their 2nd choice, if you believe what you hear) are in the conversations. I'd say there is a 50/50 chance he won't be here in two weeks.

 

 

 

I'd take Ethier, and one of their bullpen studs. :D

Yes, it would most likely be a good trade for the Reds...financially. Who knows what kind of guy(s) we'd get in return. I don't have much faith in that part of a trade.

Yes, it would most likely be a good trade for the Reds...financially. Who knows what kind of guy(s) we'd get in return. I don't have much faith in that part of a trade.

 

The prospects the Reds get in return are secondary to freeing themselves of spending $10M on him.

The prospects the Reds get in return are secondary to freeing themselves of spending $10M on him.

 

How bout they not worry about that and just go out and spend money to win instead of finding ways to pay less money...

How bout they not worry about that and just go out and spend money to win instead of finding ways to pay less money...

 

In the 33rd largest market in the Country? Not likely.

How much is Griffey's contract this year?

 

 

 

8.4 Mill He is 3rd behind Dunn and Milton. Yes, I said Milton.

The prospects the Reds get in return are secondary to freeing themselves of spending $10M on him.

 

Which is why the Reds will not make noise in a long, long time. Therefore, if we're gonna lose, I'd at least like to see my favorite player play on a regular basis. I do feel bad that Griffey has to play for such a bad overall organization, though.

Trading Dunn would make more sense to me. He makes $10-11 Million now and has a $13 club option for next season. He has more upside because he's 10 years younger and should bring better talent because of that.

Personally I want Griffey to end his career as a Red and pass the 600 HR mark, maybe even Willie Mays. Selfish remark with his value at Cincy high but he is my favorite player of all time even before he came to the Reds.
:thumb: I agree completely, he is currently the longest tenured player on the team. With his age and contract I don't think the Reds would get enough to offset upsetting their fans. Jr was my favorite player before he came to my favorite team. Had he not had the injury issues the last several years he very well may have been racing Bonds to Ruth right now. I love Jr and the Reds and no one they could get would be enough to turn this team around.....so lets keep Jr. and let him finish up in the Queen city and hit his last homerun into the Ohio maybe #675.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.