Ken Griffey JR

Amen. A Griffey trade is bound to yield some slouch "prospects" anyway.

Your loyalty, while admirable, clouds your judgment in what's best for the Redlegs. Unless, of course, you enjoy watching Griffey play in meaningless games for a team that is out of contention by Memorial Day....

Would you not rather, as a Kid fan, see him get to experience winning? I am a big Casey fan but I completely understood the Reds getting rid of his contract. I was thrilled for him when he got to experience the WS and it was no less than had it been with the Reds.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your loyalty, while admirable, clouds your judgment in what's best for the Redlegs. Unless, of course, you enjoy watching Griffey play in meaningless games for a team that is out of contention by Memorial Day....

Would you not rather, as a Kid fan, see him get to experience winning? I am a big Casey fan but I completely understood the Reds getting rid of his contract. I was thrilled for him when he got to experience the WS and it was no less than had it been with the Reds.

I probably wouldn't go to another Reds game if they got rid of Griffey, although it makes sense for both parties. I would love to see him get a ring before he hangs it up, but being greedy, I'd like to see him hit 600 at GABP.

I would not even consider trading him if you aren't going to get pitching help though.

Dodgers and White Sox (he is their 2nd choice, if you believe what you hear) are in the conversations. I'd say there is a 50/50 chance he won't be here in two weeks.

I'd take Ethier, and one of their bullpen studs. :D

Yes, it would most likely be a good trade for the Reds...financially. Who knows what kind of guy(s) we'd get in return. I don't have much faith in that part of a trade.

The prospects the Reds get in return are secondary to freeing themselves of spending $10M on him.

The prospects the Reds get in return are secondary to freeing themselves of spending $10M on him.

Which is why the Reds will not make noise in a long, long time. Therefore, if we're gonna lose, I'd at least like to see my favorite player play on a regular basis. I do feel bad that Griffey has to play for such a bad overall organization, though.

Personally I want Griffey to end his career as a Red and pass the 600 HR mark, maybe even Willie Mays. Selfish remark with his value at Cincy high but he is my favorite player of all time even before he came to the Reds.
:thumb: I agree completely, he is currently the longest tenured player on the team. With his age and contract I don't think the Reds would get enough to offset upsetting their fans. Jr was my favorite player before he came to my favorite team. Had he not had the injury issues the last several years he very well may have been racing Bonds to Ruth right now. I love Jr and the Reds and no one they could get would be enough to turn this team around.....so lets keep Jr. and let him finish up in the Queen city and hit his last homerun into the Ohio maybe #675.