Ken Griffey JR

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a graphic on the game last night that said he is one of the best hitters in the history of the game for the month of May. It showed that May is his best month on the season for his career.

I am trying to recall but it seems he stood either 4th or 5th in total HR's hit in the month of May.

He is having a great month and a great start to the season. Everyone knew/knows how "capable" he is. Capable being the key word, he just has rarely put it together for an entire season.

It would be nice to see him do it all year, the Reds could get a few nice players come the trade deadline if Griffey is healthy and hitting well.

He is having a great month and a great start to the season. Everyone knew/knows how "capable" he is. Capable being the key word, he just has rarely put it together for an entire season.

It would be nice to see him do it all year, the Reds could get a few nice players come the trade deadline if Griffey is healthy and hitting well.

Hate to say it, but they need to trade him while his value is at a 6-year high. If the Reds were only a player or two from turning this thing around, that would be one thing. But it is just doesn't make sense to pay his kind of salary for a soon-to-be 38 year old that alone will only provide the difference between the Reds being a last place or next-to-last place ballclub.

Hate to say it, but they need to trade him while his value is at a 6-year high. If the Reds were only a player or two from turning this thing around, that would be one thing. But it is just doesn't make sense to pay his kind of salary for a soon-to-be 38 year old that alone will only provide the difference between the Reds being a last place or next-to-last place ballclub.

That's why I'm thinking he is perfect trade bait if this team is still where they are now in a couple months. No shot to make the playoffs, you don't know what Griffey might do next year, he is hot now, trade him. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

That's why I'm thinking he is perfect trade bait if this team is still where they are now in a couple months. No shot to make the playoffs, you don't know what Griffey might do next year, he is hot now, trade him. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Gotcha. I was thinking you were suggesting the Reds bring in a few new players to add to Griffey this year and make them competitive.

does anyone besides myself seem to think he is playing exceptionally well lately? i mean he is hitting homeruns and making plays in the field as well as staying healthy

Griffey is a tremendous talent. Injuries have been his problem the last few years and sometimes those injuries have carried over into his ability to hustle on every play. There have been some health issues in his family that also played into his lack of production. I think his success this season is due to him staying healthy.

Dodgers and White Sox (he is their 2nd choice, if you believe what you hear) are in the conversations. I'd say there is a 50/50 chance he won't be here in two weeks.

Are you telling me the White Sox would be willing to sit Darin Erstad or Rob Mackowiak if they got Griffey???

I just don't know if that's a good deal for the Sox. :lol:

Personally I want Griffey to end his career as a Red and pass the 600 HR mark, maybe even Willie Mays. Selfish remark with his value at Cincy high but he is my favorite player of all time even before he came to the Reds.

Amen. A Griffey trade is bound to yield some slouch "prospects" anyway.