Clark Co 63 Mason Co 59

mhighfield you are probably the most classy person on bluegrass preps. I am a Scott County fan(a fan of a good team just like you) and I hear the same generalizations you do everyday. You have talked straight forward and had as little bias as possible. I just wanted to say thank you for making some of us "complainers or "bull headed" fans look good.

He and mcpapa are two of my favorite Mason co posters and proud to call them my friends. They support their team, but are also very gracious in defeat. Both are class acts all the way.:thumb:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously weren't there. If you were you would know what we are talking about with the over and back no call and I promise you would agree.

I was there and that 1 missed call as you say didnt beat the Royals. Coach Ohearn said that Miller didnt get much support and he didnt get much help. I would say the biggest factor in Mason losing was Browning going down with a injury. You promised I would agree and I dont

After watching the play on the video provided by Homeless Camel, it looks like Knowles loses the ball going up for a shot and goes and gets it in the backcourt. Maybe cshs can help us as to whether this is allowed or not?

I was there and that 1 missed call as you say didnt beat the Royals. Coach Ohearn said that Miller didnt get much support and he didnt get much help. I would say the biggest factor in Mason losing was Browning going down with a injury. You promised I would agree and I dont

I promised you would agree it was a bad call, not that it decided the game.

After watching the play on the video provided by Homeless Camel, it looks like Knowles loses the ball going up for a shot and goes and gets it in the backcourt. Maybe cshs can help us as to whether this is allowed or not?

Talked to an official and this is what he had to say:

Preston went up for a shot. No one touch it, it slipped out of his hands, but was an attemped shot. He goes and grabs his missed shot= no violation. A player can rebound their own "shot."

Now maybe we can put this to rest.

Preston went up for a shot. No one touch it, it slipped out of his hands, but was an attemped shot. He goes and grabs his missed shot= no violation. A player can rebound their own "shot."

So if you miss a shot, you can grab your own rebound in the backcourt if no one touches it?

Interesting...

Gold - it depends on a)how you described the play and b)the officials interpretation of the rulebook. As the play was described, it would be very difficult to say it was a "shot." Instead, as described, it was a "fumble" which would mean that the offense did not lose team control which means it was a backcourt violation. Most officials would have a hard time calling a ball that goes straight up in the air, or in this case, behind the shooter an "attempt." Thus, you have a violation.

So if you miss a shot, you can grab your own rebound in the backcourt if no one touches it?

Interesting...

Yes. The requirement for it to be a violation is that the offense still have team control. A shot attempt ends team control. that's why its not a violation.

Gold - it depends on a)how you described the play and b)the officials interpretation of the rulebook. As the play was described, it would be very difficult to say it was a "shot." Instead, as described, it was a "fumble" which would mean that the offense did not lose team control which means it was a backcourt violation. Most officials would have a hard time calling a ball that goes straight up in the air, or in this case, behind the shooter an "attempt." Thus, you have a violation.

Sounds like an extremely weird play and one you don't see every day. Plus, the video is sketchy. A mid air fumble or an attempt that slipped? Who knows?